Soon to be wrx owner help me pick!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Soon to be wrx owner help me pick! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup guys getting a 2013 wrx wagon soon and idk which color to pick... I am torn between swp and ...

Sup guys getting a 2013 wrx wagon soon and idk which color to pick... I am torn between swp and dgm. Learning towards DGM but they do not have any of them on the lots, they do have a swp right now that I could get. Idk should I order a dgm from dealer or pick up swp? And no blue too many people have it lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I personally don't feel its a wagon (since its shorter then the sedan) more of a hatch, but to get back to the point of this thread. Its up to you depends on how bad you need the car. For me they had a silver when I went to place my order, but if i'm buying a new car I dont want to settle even though most of the colors look great. I wanted a specific set of options I had to wait the 12 weeks for my WRB feels like an initiation. Also it gave me time to research more about the car and learn what I can.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by wrxdaily View Post
    Sup guys getting a 2013 wrx wagon soon and idk which color to pick... I am torn between swp and dgm. Learning towards DGM but they do not have any of them on the lots, they do have a swp right now that I could get. Idk should I order a dgm from dealer or pick up swp? And no blue too many people have it lol.
    I have a Forester with the Dark Gray Metallic paint and a new WRX with silver. A "bird bomb" on the dark gray actually damaged the clear coat (if there is any) and there's no way to repair it at home, at least none that I know of. The same damage has already occurred to the WRX, but it is much harder to see it on silver and white. On a dark color, not hard to see at all.

My color choices were white, silver, and then WRB. The only one they had was silver, so that's what I got. I think that silver and white show the body sculpturing lines (creases and folds and such) off well, while the darker colors seem to hide the body lines, at least to me.

Chris

Best of luck, I'm sure whichever one you choose will be a good fit for you.

It's all personal preference man. For me, I was torn between wrb or obp. Then one day I saw a dgm hatch. Instantly, I was hooked, and I love mine. All I can say is whatever color you choose, get a clear shield sprayed on the front bumper right away. Worth the money in every way. Here's a pic of my dgm hatch to help you make up your mind Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	108682

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRX-SD View Post
    It's all personal preference man. For me, I was torn between wrb or obp. Then one day I saw a dgm hatch. Instantly, I was hooked, and I love mine. All I can say is whatever color you choose, get a clear shield sprayed on the front bumper right away. Worth the money in every way. Here's a pic of my dgm hatch to help you make up your mind Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	108682
    Sorry my front bumper's a little messy, but no rock chips! thanks to the clear shield!

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I personally don't feel its a wagon (since its shorter then the sedan) more of a hatch.
    I'm not a fan of the DGM, it seems to be their most common color. I have a SWP, so that's out there in the interest of full disclosure. So there's my opinion.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

Ice Silver or World Rally Blue!

I Support ClubWRX
    White is RIGHT!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345774626.813068.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	108688

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I am going to place an order on tuesday for a dgm 5 door

Nice!

yeah the blue is sick but I am tired of seeing them, when I go to my class I see 2 sedan wrx in rally blue haha, also white is pretty common too

I Support ClubWRX
    I love my OBP 11 hatch but it's the biggest PITA to keep looking good. I wash it maybe 2-3 times a week because dirt shows that bad on it. Gotta wax it more often too because of the spider webbing from washing... circle of life man. Good luck with and congrats with your decision on getting a subie!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011WRX-SD View Post
    For me, I was torn between wrb or obp. Then one day I saw a dgm hatch. Instantly, I was hooked, and I love mine.
    Agree with this. I've never considered DGM, but just saw one in person for the first time and am considering pulling the trigger. If you can find one in person, go see it. Pictures don't do that color justice.

Yeah the deciding factor was when i googled smoked overlays and saw a picture of naked_dave1's wrx; also this is a big step up from my gti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast