Bought The Car

This is a discussion on Bought The Car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hows it going fellas? I been interested in WRXs since 02, but I always been too cheap to fork over ...

Bought The Car

Hows it going fellas? I been interested in WRXs since 02, but I always been too cheap to fork over the dough for one. Saving money for a house recent years. We just bought a house this summer and had the extra funds left over for a DP. Got the 2012 5 door wrx in white. Forget what trim it is, but it has the sunroof and bt radio, heated seats n stuff. I'm used to driving $500 POS cars, so this is like a leer jet for me. Fun as hell to drive, boogies on the highway, and looks pretty badass despite the useless/ugly vents on the bumper in front of the front wheels. I'm a function over form guy, so I'd rather have the performance than the emblem. Gotta have the music though. Speakers fart worse than the stockers on my S10 No Biggie though.

Anyhow I plan on doing mild engine upgrades. Seems like the cobb ap is the way to go. Stage 1 to wake her up. Maybe a cai and catted dp later on. I love the look of the exhaust on the 5 doors and cant see replacing the catback unless it adds significant gains. Gonna get winter wheels pretty soon also. I remember seeing a link in my travels to a tirerack deal or something with 16s on steelies for like $7xx.00. Any advise or recommendations on set up would be great. Seems like a cool website, google brought me here and I had a few good laughs already.

Thanks for reading my post
    -Owen

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First off, **** your couch.

Secondly, welcome to the forum. Some friendly advice, read the stickies. You'd be surprised what you'll learn just from reading those. There are mistakes that a lot of newbies make when they buy their first Subaru. Just remember that these cars are very different from what you may be used to when it comes to driving and modding. And yes, the stereos are probably the most disappointing thing about Subaru. A new head unit used to be the easy fix, but these days, not so much.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX

Bought The Car

UNITYYYY

Congrats on your purchase, the mod route your choosing is what many of us started out with, myself included. If you have leather seats, and fog lights, i think you got the limited. The heated seats are from the optional all weather package. Yes the system sucks for a new car, i dont mind it much though lol
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ