Newb - 135 miles on the ODO - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Newb - 135 miles on the ODO within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by T0rque What do you do? I work for Motorcycle-USA.com. A few recent things -- 2013 Ducati Multistrada ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    Ohh. So you're the one who bought that car....

Did they (Irvine Subaru) give you invoice? above? below? or charge you MSRP?
    You saw it at the lot? I got it for $26,300 with the short shifter, rear cup holder, and homelink mirror. Not quite invoice, but close enough for me. I wanted it bad enough that I wasn't gonna haggle all day. I was prepare to pay ful retail as just a few weeks before I couldn't find even one WRX in that color. I'm happy with the deal I got. MSRP was $27,312

Yeah, May have a few pics of it somewhere... but I remember looking at it a few times.

Hmm... Thanks for the pricing info... I guess they really do have the best pricing for a WRX in all of California (I've called 20 dealers so far...)

CONGRATS....... and welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome!

Well 12-days after taking my WRX I got rear-ended as I pulled away from a stoplight. The guy driving the full-size Toyota truck hit me going about 15mph. The damage didn't look so bad at first, but after closer inspection it looks like I might have a damaged frame(unibody). EVERY gap on the left side of the car is out of whack, the rear window is smashed up against the c-pillar on the left and there is a 1/2 gap on the right. The left fender is bowed out a 1/2" further than the right. The interior panels behind the rear passenger seat are bowed and popped loose. The left passenger door sticks out past the body line at the widest point of the flair on the rear fender.

Driving the car - it now pulls to the left, moving over a full lane in about one-tenth of a mile.

What sucks is I know it's going to be a battle to get the car back to the perfect condition it was in, and I am a total perfectionist when it comes to my car. I can look at from 50 feet away and see all that is wrong with it, but other's are saying that it's not so bad. So I'm sure I'm going to be stuck with a WRX that has been put on a rack and tweaked back into spec. It will never be perfect, and will be worth less money. I highly doubt they will total it, even though I wish they would.

All this and I haven't even made my first payment. Just went from having my dream car to a nightmare...

Yikes! I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you have GAP coverage on your car? This is now the SECOND story about a rex that got smashed up shortly after purchase that I am hearing within a week. I am considering getting GAP coverage but am not sure.

I know even the down time is gonna suck while you wait for your car to be fixed but it'll be great when you get the car back.

How did the truck manage to hit you? Was the driver texting?
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I do have GAP on the car, but I likely won't be using since I am sure it won't be totaled....

I was at the light in the middle lane of a 3 lane road. The light turned green and I was slow on the reaction as I was not in a hurry to get to work. I kind of just lugged away from the stop. The cars on each side pinned it and pulled away hard, the guy behind must have been watching them and pinned it also. I saw him coming and tried to accelerate, but it was too late. I was rolling about 5mph and he was up to about 20mph. Serves me right for not driving the car as it should have been I guess...

From 50 feet away you can't really tell anything is wrong, but up close you can tell everything is out of place...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustmoto View Post
    I do have GAP on the car, but I likely won't be using since I am sure it won't be totaled....

I was at the light in the middle lane of a 3 lane road. The light turned green and I was slow on the reaction as I was not in a hurry to get to work. I kind of just lugged away from the stop. The cars on each side pinned it and pulled away hard, the guy behind must have been watching them and pinned it also. I saw him coming and tried to accelerate, but it was too late. I was rolling about 5mph and he was up to about 20mph. Serves me right for not driving the car as it should have been I guess...
    Not sure if you're joking there, but there's absolutely no reason for you to get down on yourself in that situation. If you are joking, good! If you were serious or semi-serious...don't be!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

With proven frame damage, have the at-fault's insurance company (assuming you exchanged valid information) pay for complete and full repairs, then YOU push for another 'diminished value' claim. Should help a lot financially.

So I've taken it to 3 places to get looked at, and it looks like there is no frame damage. The taillights, bumper and decklid will be replaced. They explained the rear window cannot move to it's current position from an impact without major frame damage there is now evidence of. They will look into it further when they tear the car down for repair, but as of now the rear window looks like it was installed incorrectly at the factory (warranty issue).

We will see how it goes...

It still pulls to the left, but I think it may be an issue with the crowned roads or a factory alignment issue. Either way I will have that remedied ASAP as well.

I'm breathing easier knowing there is no frame damage and it is all cosmetic fixes. it still sucks, just not as much...

it's looking like there might be lime light at the end of that tunnel. Glad to hear it. Keep us posted.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Sorry to hear that you got drilled. Glad it's not too bad. Still suck. Had an F-150 back in the day and I got drilled stopped at a light by a guy doing 30. I had the truck 4 weeks at that point so I know how it feels. Hope you get is all sorted.
    Ready, Fire, Aim!
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Austin, Texas

Proud Member #512 of the Stink-Eye Mob

So the body shop is waiting for the approval from insurance to start the work so it looks like they can't get the car in until Wednesday. That means no car for next weekend. Kind of sucks as I would have liked to have the work done Monday-Friday so I could have my car for Saturday and Sunday. Oh well.

On a more positive note, my detailer buddy just hooked me up with a CBE magna flow system for free. I have to drop it off for a test fit at MF HQ on Monday and I get to keep the exhaust when I pick it up Tuesday. Made my day a little better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12