'13 STI DGM New Member - North Jersey - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '13 STI DGM New Member - North Jersey within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome, beautiful looking car. and a +1 for Clayton, he's a good guy....

Welcome, beautiful looking car.

and a +1 for Clayton, he's a good guy.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: '13 STI DGM New Member - North Jersey

verrry nice

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Love the car! Absolutely love the Triumph Speed Triple! One of my favorite bikes ever! And that clean sound from the arrow exhaust ... mmm

Quote Originally Posted by specblue02 View Post
    Hi All - Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I just picked up a 13 STI base a couple weeks ago from Ramsey Subaru (Clayton the forum sponsor). I use this as my DD 90 miles a day so I don't plan on doing any mods other than the 3m tints (35% color stable all around) that I just had done and a clear bra which my dad and I will be installing this coming weekend. So far I absolutely love driving it. I'm past break in and now using S# mode...what a difference between that and the other 2 modes. For what it's worth I'm coming from a 2010 370Z w/ Sport Package. Totally different feel but I love the smoothness of the STI and much more comfortable ride compared to the 370Z. My brother liked the car so much he just put on order a 13 WRX Black Limited with some options through Clayton as well. He's got about 7 weeks remaining though My car & my bike now both match (Gray 09 Triumph Street Triple R). Pics below

Attachment 108577Attachment 108571Attachment 108572Attachment 108573Attachment 108574Attachment 108575Attachment 108576Attachment 108578

The last pic is a few of us at my office

Were u the one to get their first one on the lot, coz I got an email from them saying they have 2013s lol
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Were u the one to get their first one on the lot, coz I got an email from them saying they have 2013s lol

I'm not sure...I had seen it in transit on the subaru site and was in the middle of buying a WRX limited from another dealer who backed out after 3 days saying it was actually an ordered car for someone else (sucks to be them because I drove the car even though they had ordered it) and saw this one so I spent the extra $ for the car that I really wanted to begin with so I'm glad it all worked out. Clayton hooked it up though so I was happy with the end cost.

I'm not sure...I had seen it in transit on the subaru site and was in the middle of buying a WRX limited from another dealer who backed out after 3 days saying it was actually an ordered car for someone else (sucks to be them because I drove the car even though they had ordered it) and saw this one so I spent the extra $ for the car that I really wanted to begin with so I'm glad it all worked out. Clayton hooked it up though so I was happy with the end cost.

Lol which other dealer u talking about? I ordered mine, wrx limited on 8/23. Still no news yet on when its coming, I'm getting pretty anxious already. Did u order urs or no?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

No, I didn't order mine. The dealer was Town Motors in Englewood. I had signed all the paperwork and was going to pick it up the following week and then got a call saying they couldn't sell it to me. It was a Gray WRX limited with Nav and some other options on it. It was at the dealer right before labor day weekend which is when I went in and drove it and signed the paperwork.

No, I didn't order mine. The dealer was Town Motors in Englewood. I had signed all the paperwork and was going to pick it up the following week and then got a call saying they couldn't sell it to me. It was a Gray WRX limited with Nav and some other options on it. It was at the dealer right before labor day weekend which is when I went in and drove it and signed the paperwork.

Omg, that's where I'm getting mine! What happened? Why couldn't they sell it to you?
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

Welcome!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by jsantos1082 View Post
    Omg, that's where I'm getting mine! What happened? Why couldn't they sell it to you?
    I went in on 9/1 after seeing it had been delivered to the dealership earlier that week. I had already been there several weeks prior as well so when I saw the car was in transit I e-mailed the sales person who I had dealt with to find out when it would be in so I could test drive it. I went in on 9/1 to take it out and I liked it so we worked up all the paperwork and I signed the sheet with my trade in info as well. Put down the $500 deposit and then left. Tuesday afternoon I had gotten a call to reschedule the delivery to the Thursday so I was fine with that and then an hour or so later I got a call again letting me know that they just found out that it was an ordered car for another customer and that I wouldn't be able to take delivery (meanwhile my loan check was already cut and in the mail for me). I'm sure if I really wanted to push I would have been able to have the car since all the paperwork was signed with the vin and all. I decided to just go for the STI at that point and Ramsey had what I wanted and Clayton hooked up for the forum discount so I jumped (and glad I did). I could understand if they wanted to back out if someone came in and offered MSRP but I did not even negotiate anything down on the car I was just going to pay what the sticker had. What I didn't get was how NO ONE there knew that it was someone's ordered car and had been there for several days prior to me coming in. The manager shook my hand and thanked me for the purchase so not even he knew that it was "sold" to someone else already. Apparently though this is common as my friend's dad was in the same situation but he fought them and got the car. Clayton was great, no hassle and I was in and out picking up the car.

I went in on 9/1 after seeing it had been delivered to the dealership earlier that week. I had already been there several weeks prior as well so when I saw the car was in transit I e-mailed the sales person who I had dealt with to find out when it would be in so I could test drive it. I went in on 9/1 to take it out and I liked it so we worked up all the paperwork and I signed the sheet with my trade in info as well. Put down the $500 deposit and then left. Tuesday afternoon I had gotten a call to reschedule the delivery to the Thursday so I was fine with that and then an hour or so later I got a call again letting me know that they just found out that it was an ordered car for another customer and that I wouldn't be able to take delivery (meanwhile my loan check was already cut and in the mail for me). I'm sure if I really wanted to push I would have been able to have the car since all the paperwork was signed with the vin and all. I decided to just go for the STI at that point and Ramsey had what I wanted and Clayton hooked up for the forum discount so I jumped (and glad I did). I could understand if they wanted to back out if someone came in and offered MSRP but I did not even negotiate anything down on the car I was just going to pay what the sticker had. What I didn't get was how NO ONE there knew that it was someone's ordered car and had been there for several days prior to me coming in. The manager shook my hand and thanked me for the purchase so not even he knew that it was "sold" to someone else already. Apparently though this is common as my friend's dad was in the same situation but he fought them and got the car. Clayton was great, no hassle and I was in and out picking up the car.

Oh I see. my Gf picked up her Outback last Tuesday and it went smoothly with paperwork and everything. So hopefully it goes well too when my car comes, hopefully it comes soon, it's been 6 weeks since I ordered it and I just emailed the sale consultant yesterday and he said no update yet. Congrats on your car bro!
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

My friends had good experiences there with their WRXs/STIs for a number of years...I guess I was the 1%. Good luck on yours. Clayton said 8 weeks is about the norm for ordered cars so you should be getting it within a couple.

Very nice, That color was my second choice.

Nice Triples too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.