looking to get into a 2013 base WRX

This is a discussion on looking to get into a 2013 base WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, new here, and had a few questions. I am currently selling my Jeep Rubicon and looking to get ...

looking to get into a 2013 base WRX

Hey everyone, new here, and had a few questions. I am currently selling my Jeep Rubicon and looking to get a 2013 WRX base ordered up. Having a really tough time letting it go, but need to get something a little more practical. Anyways I just wanted to know some good dealerships in California/Oregon/Nevada. I read some of the 2013 wrx thread and have tried contacting a few dealerships to see if they can get close to the high 23,000 others said they have paid in that thread, and have had no luck.
    here's a pic of my jeep
    Last edited by rubitosubi; 09-30-2012 at 12:24 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! A couple of the tools I have heard of people using/used myself:

Welcome to Costco Auto Program

https://www.truecar.com/

The Costco program requires a membership with...Costco. Go figure. Costco essentially bargains with dealerships for a pre-arranged price. I have not used this myself but people often mention it.

Truecar.com I did use to purchase my current car. You have to register with your basic demographic information. Truecar will then give you a listing of the three lowest nearby prices. These prices, like the Costco program, are pre-arranged through truecar and are a fixed rate above or below invoice (e.g. $500 below invoice). You then just have to add tax and title (there shouldn't be other fees than these), plus any accessories you might want. You get a printout from truecar that you take to the dealership to guarantee that pricing, and the dealership gets your contact info as an obvious sales lead.

Good luck!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Hey thanks! I will give those a shot. The dealers I have contacted have basically just laughed at the price I have mentioned, but others here have said they have paid similar prices. Some basically called them liars when I mentioned that to them.

It can be done, I got mine for 24500 plus tax/registration. I have read of others getting lower. Depends on the area.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by rubitosubi View Post
    Hey thanks! I will give those a shot. The dealers I have contacted have basically just laughed at the price I have mentioned, but others here have said they have paid similar prices. Some basically called them liars when I mentioned that to them.
    Well, I'm the guy who got the price down to $23,795 on the base 2013 WRX and some people here tried to call me a liar as well until more people got the same deal when I sent them to my dealer.
    Some dealers will keep the price high and sell fewer cars at bigger profits and some dealers will let the cars go for less and sell more of them....

In my personal opinion most dealers are liars. I guess I can't complain because I know how to work them but the average Joe gets screwed by paying thousands more....
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Well, I'm the guy who got the price down to $23,795 on the base 2013 WRX and some people here tried to call me a liar as well until more people got the same deal when I sent them to my dealer.
    Some dealers will keep the price high and sell fewer cars at bigger profits and some dealers will let the cars go for less and sell more of them....

In my personal opinion most dealers are liars. I guess I can't complain because I know how to work them but the average Joe gets screwed by paying thousands more....
    You still haven't posted your order form to prove what you are saying is in fact true. Its the internet. Anyone can say anything. Post a pic of the order form. No one will call you out again. Simple as that.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    It can be done, I got mine for 24500 plus tax/registration. I have read of others getting lower. Depends on the area.

I am on the west coast, so I would think that price would be even more obtainable (theoretically). The dealership my mom has bought a few subi's from basically told me to **** off when I mentioned the price I would like them to get near. And I also feel that most, if not all dealers are liars!

Quote Originally Posted by rubitosubi View Post
    I am on the west coast, so I would think that price would be even more obtainable (theoretically). The dealership my mom has bought a few subi's from basically told me to **** off when I mentioned the price I would like them to get near. And I also feel that most, if not all dealers are liars!
    Sucks to hear that man. I'm no expert on how it works in different parts of the country but I do know that prices vary. I can only speak for the Chicagoland area where we have about 10 Subaru dealers within 30 miles from my house and that is one of the advantages we have...
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I Support ClubWRX

Re: looking to get into a 2013 base WRX

Well, few others have gotten the same deal from my dealer after I sent them there. If you need help buying a car then I will be more than happy to send you info via email (I have done that for multiple people on this forum) but I will not do as told and post pictures of the order forum because someone tries to call me out. It's the internet and I can care less what people write on here. Simple as that.
    Who are these other people who have gotten the same deal? How come we haven't heard from them backing up your claims?

Which dealer is this? Post the name of the dealer so that more members can get these fantastic prices.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 09-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

OP, PM me if you need help negotiating the price. I will be more then happy to email you what I got from my dealer and hopefully that will help you get a better deal.
    Your dealer might still laugh it off since they can use the "this is a different part of the country" excuse but it is still worth a shot.
    Cheers!
    Thanks man! I will definitely take you up on that when the time gets a little closer.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Who are these other people who have gotten the same deal? How come we haven't heard from them backing up your claims?

Which dealer is this? Post the name of the dealer so that more members can get these fantastic prices.

I got a very similar price as typeR down here in TX... it can be done.. why do you care so much??

I Support ClubWRX

Re: looking to get into a 2013 base WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    I got a very similar price as typeR down here in TX... it can be done.. why do you care so much??
    Care? This is a forum. I post my views. If someone posted a pic of a order form, I'd believe it. So far no one has,nor mentioned the name of the dealer.

Meanwhile others read these posts,go to dealers asking for these prices & come back disappointed never getting the deals others claim to have gotten.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Anything below dealer invoice is a win IMO. You'll find more often than not that most peeps lie about how much they have paid for their cars. It would be cool to start an actual "what you paid" thread with supporting pics so that others don't get raked over the coals.