New WRX Owner... Have a few Questions!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner... Have a few Questions! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I bought my first WRX a few weeks ago and love it! It is a 2012 WRX hatchback. ...

New WRX Owner... Have a few Questions!

Hey guys, I bought my first WRX a few weeks ago and love it! It is a 2012 WRX hatchback. The only mods I have done to the car so far have been a turbo xs BOV, and Xentec h11 35w HIDS...

I researched a little bit and saw TheShop.com in norwalk and am wondering how to go about tuning the car. Should I have them tune it or should I buy the Cobb tuner. I really do not know much about WRX's as I am in high school, and just went from a 1983 944. Posted below is a couple pics of my WRX. Like the HIDs?

Thanks!

Alex

Please let me know any suggestions... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1115.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	108508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	108509

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First off ditch the BOV... I assume you want to get the car tuned for stage one? You have one of two options buy the cobb ap or get a protune. Protune is the way to go imo you get more out of the tune then if you were to use the maps on the AP.

What is the different on the "Stages"? And how much would it cost?

Stage 1 is just a tune to replace the stock map.. stage 2 is a aftermarket downpipe + a tune protune is going to be around 470-600 depending on where you live and depending on the tuner.

I just noticed that you lived in Connecticut there are a lot of great tuners on the east coast there is one in Connecticut I know of ICS Performance | Services

Ill check them out. I live in Greenwich. Are you in CT as well?

No I'm not in Connecticut I've just heard about them before haha. I'm actually in Colorado.

Nice! Thanks for your input. Please let me know if you have any further suggestions...

Alex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.