2002 Wrx from NC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 Wrx from NC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like to stay thanks for having me here fellas, here's my spill. After having 4 preludes I've decided to ...

2002 Wrx from NC

I like to stay thanks for having me here fellas, here's my spill.

After having 4 preludes I've decided to move on up in the world!!!

My 88 Four Wheel Steering Prelude Si

Had this car for about 2 years now with a ton of mods!!!

Like I said though. Time to move on..

Here's my 02 Bugg EYEEE

Its at 111k and running strong. Just picked it up on Friday 9-21-12.

Already in love with it!!!! Cant wait to start my mods!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats have you done a compression/ leakdown test? Just curious.

Have not. Still getting familiar with the car. DD'ed it for about 3 days to see what up. Noticed the fuel leak and researched that. going to the dealer tomorrow about it. It pulls good through boost so I dont seeing missing much comp at all. However. it on my to do list. !!!!!

Yeah I would do a compression test before you start your mods to get an idea how healthy the motor is.

Agreed. Thanks for the heads up my friend!

Totally Jelly. Love those bugeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    Totally Jelly. Love those bugeyes.
    Thanks my friend

What are your plans for mods?

To start off with it already has a Turboxs BOV, a DC blitz Turbo Timer, Optima red top, and a system.

So after getting the general maintenance out of the way.

I wanted to do at least a boost gauge because I like to monitor what I have going on, debating on what other gauges to go with maybe A/f.

Also contemplating a set of K-sport Coilovers and a set of wheels to be determined.

Sti Hood scoop, cold air, up and down pipe w full exhaust, and a snowboard rack prolly yakima.

Window tint, pull the little dents it has and repaint. Slight brake upgrade prolly some slot and drilled rotors and EBC red stuff pads.

Still working on the list. OHH and throw a tune in there some where with the cobb accessport

You might want to think twice before doing a BOV its nothing but a noise maker that's a lot of peoples first mods which is not necessary. "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) Same thing with a turbo timer they are not needed either Turbo Timer FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC I would save yourself the time and money and just focus on the dp and up pipe. That way you can have a protune instead of using a cobb map. The first mod you should focus on is replacing the up pipe if it hasn't already been replaced.

Re: 2002 Wrx from NC

Sed things were mentioned because they came on the car my friend.

You misread maybe?

Why is the down and up pipe better than Cobb? If you don't mind my asking

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What I meant was getting a protune would be better than using a cobb AP maps. You'll get more out of a custom tune than using the maps cobb offers. When you do anything that changes the airflow of the car a tune is recommended. So that includes downpipe, intake, up pipe, headers etc...

Oh I see now. I agree. So my frost stp will be exhaust and a tune tones where I stand. They can flashback stock ecu mad use that right?

welcome! congrats on the bugeye! frenzied is on the right track with taking off the bov and turbo timer, go with the uppipe first. Accessports work fine but if you want the most you can get out of it go witha protune.

I'll get on that up pipe this week. Can't wait to see some gains in this car!

Question: why should I remove the bov and turbo timer. From what I hear a timer is good for the turbo to wind down before stopping the motor? I done where the bov is a waste though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.