Making the change

This is a discussion on Making the change within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hows it going everyone. I am a long time Honda owner. Iv owned 7 hondas threw out the years and ...

Making the change

Hows it going everyone. I am a long time Honda owner. Iv owned 7 hondas threw out the years and have built more than i care to count. Well the time has come to make a change and toss it up a bit. I am currently in the process of selling my 05 Si and will be getting my first Scooby. I am hard pressed to make a decision though. I love WRX's but i just had a beautiful baby girl so the wagon is kinda more appealing to me now. I might end up getting a 02-03 unless i find a deal on a 04-05. Is there anything in particular i should watch out for when looking at these cars? Also I have a SC61 turbo sitting in my garage that I have debated about putting on a wrx though i have not found anyone that has done this. If anyone could shed some light on maybe why it has not been done that would be awesome! I hope to be a new member of the suby family soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I'd opt for the 2004 - 2005 as the transmissions were beefed up a bit starting in late 2003. SC61? Never heard of that snail. I'd just enjoy the TD04 turbo the 2.0 liter engines came with for a time before going further.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I'd opt for the 2004 - 2005 as the transmissions were beefed up a bit starting in late 2003. SC61? Never heard of that snail. I'd just enjoy the TD04 turbo the 2.0 liter engines came with for a time before going further.
    THANKS! The SC61 is by Precision it came in 3 sizes 6152E (the one i own), 6167E and the 6176E. The 6152E (intended for engines displacing 2.0L and under) comes with a T350 76 trim turbine wheel.
    With the supporting mods and good tuning is rated at 630hp. I do not plan to be anywhere around those numbers but it should help me to reach my goals around 300-350whp.
    Now i guess the real question is what can these motors hold with stock internals and maybe some ARP head studs? I plan to run meth injection as well.