Making the change
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Making the change within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hows it going everyone. I am a long time Honda owner. Iv owned 7 hondas threw out the years and ...

Making the change

Hows it going everyone. I am a long time Honda owner. Iv owned 7 hondas threw out the years and have built more than i care to count. Well the time has come to make a change and toss it up a bit. I am currently in the process of selling my 05 Si and will be getting my first Scooby. I am hard pressed to make a decision though. I love WRX's but i just had a beautiful baby girl so the wagon is kinda more appealing to me now. I might end up getting a 02-03 unless i find a deal on a 04-05. Is there anything in particular i should watch out for when looking at these cars? Also I have a SC61 turbo sitting in my garage that I have debated about putting on a wrx though i have not found anyone that has done this. If anyone could shed some light on maybe why it has not been done that would be awesome! I hope to be a new member of the suby family soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I'd opt for the 2004 - 2005 as the transmissions were beefed up a bit starting in late 2003. SC61? Never heard of that snail. I'd just enjoy the TD04 turbo the 2.0 liter engines came with for a time before going further.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Club!

I'd opt for the 2004 - 2005 as the transmissions were beefed up a bit starting in late 2003. SC61? Never heard of that snail. I'd just enjoy the TD04 turbo the 2.0 liter engines came with for a time before going further.
    THANKS! The SC61 is by Precision it came in 3 sizes 6152E (the one i own), 6167E and the 6176E. The 6152E (intended for engines displacing 2.0L and under) comes with a T350 76 trim turbine wheel.
    With the supporting mods and good tuning is rated at 630hp. I do not plan to be anywhere around those numbers but it should help me to reach my goals around 300-350whp.
    Now i guess the real question is what can these motors hold with stock internals and maybe some ARP head studs? I plan to run meth injection as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.