Car arriving at dealership tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

This is a discussion on Car arriving at dealership tomorrow. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, what should I do to preserve my sanity between now and when it's prepped and ready to be delivered? ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124

    Car arriving at dealership tomorrow.

    So, what should I do to preserve my sanity between now and when it's prepped and ready to be delivered?

    Suggestions?
    Last edited by Gendax; 09-19-2012 at 12:37 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,972
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  4. #3
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    My first choice as well. Did I mention I am at work?

  5. #4
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,972
    Nobody gots to know...

    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  6. #5
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    81
    Consider yourself lucky you get it tomorrow...

    Where did you buy?? I see you are from Austin! I am from San Marcos.

  7. #6
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    Consider yourself lucky you get it tomorrow...

    Where did you buy?? I see you are from Austin! I am from San Marcos.
    Got it in Georgetown, at Beasley. I'll let you all know how that goes once the ink is dry.

    Hook'em!


  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cedar Park, TX
    Posts
    46
    Congrats on the new ride! i bought my new '12 (one of the very last) last month from Beasley Georgetown. Who is your salesman? they are a good dealership. a little pushy on the upsells (warranty, vehicle protection, etc..) but i've bought 2 cars from them and was very satisfied. your going to love the new ride!! i've had in the neighborhood of 15 new cars and trucks and 6 new motorcycles, and several at 2x the price of this wrx, and i love driving it more than anything i've had, motorcycles included. i look forward to running anywhere in it!

  9. #8
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    Got it in Georgetown, at Beasley. I'll let you all know how that goes once the ink is dry.

    Hook'em!

    Very cool! Can't wait to see your new ride..

    Gig 'Em!!!

  10. #9
    Registered User subaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    High Desert, CA
    Posts
    105
    What color is the new ride? I don't know how you feel about the dealership detailing, but I asked them not to touch my car. I pulled the shipping plastic and all things that came in the delivery. In my opinion best way to judge the dealer's detailing is go look at the dark grey metallic or similar dark paints and look for swirls. Also if you can afford the clear front bumper/hood/mirror covers, get it. I failed and didn't buy the cover for mine and after 12,000 miles I have some pretty mean paint chips. Good luck and post pics..

  11. #10
    Registered User Ampliified's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Warren Twp, NJ
    Posts
    810
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

  12. #11
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    What color is the new ride? I don't know how you feel about the dealership detailing, but I asked them not to touch my car. I pulled the shipping plastic and all things that came in the delivery. In my opinion best way to judge the dealer's detailing is go look at the dark grey metallic or similar dark paints and look for swirls. Also if you can afford the clear front bumper/hood/mirror covers, get it. I failed and didn't buy the cover for mine and after 12,000 miles I have some pretty mean paint chips. Good luck and post pics..
    So this one is SWP hatch, and I am going to do the clear bra deal. Not at the dealership but at a local specialist. It's coming with the Short Shifter, exhaust finishers, and SPT Exhaust. I got a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH head unit to replace the stock one and I'm going to replace the speakers as well. All the parts for the HU are sitting here on my desk. Going to 35% tint all but the windshield. Pretty excited to have one of the first 2013's out there. Hoping they have it ready by tomorrow if it gets there today.

  13. #12
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    So this one is SWP hatch, and I am going to do the clear bra deal. Not at the dealership but at a local specialist. It's coming with the Short Shifter, exhaust finishers, and SPT Exhaust. I got a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH head unit to replace the stock one and I'm going to replace the speakers as well. All the parts for the HU are sitting here on my desk. Going to 35% tint all but the windshield. Pretty excited to have one of the first 2013's out there. Hoping they have it ready by tomorrow if it gets there today.
    I'm getting the same color! (and hatch)

    I want to come see yours when you get it... I wish I got the short shifter and exhaust.. oh well... maybe later..

    Also I am thinking of doing a head unit as well and I see you can pick up the Pioneer AVH-P4400BH for pretty cheap, so this could be a good option...

    Thanks for all the ideas!

  14. #13
    Registered User Gendax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    124
    OK, so it turns out there are lies, damn lies, and stuff a Subaru dealer tells you. My car is "here". And by "here" they mean "Texas". If you have looked at a map lately, you'll know that this is a pretty big place. So the car is at a dealership in Houston, which is about 3 hours from here, but my dealership can't get the car (and the slamming deal I got depends on buying from *this* dealership) until they get one in to trade to that dealership later, like in a week.

    Now if they had just told me that to begin with, I wouldn't be disappointed right now. Instead, I'd still be happily looking forward to my car.

    Why do they have to be so sleazy?

    "Oh, you wanted to know when you could actually 'get' your car?" Jesus.

  15. #14
    Registered User Aggie Subaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gendax View Post
    OK, so it turns out there are lies, damn lies, and stuff a Subaru dealer tells you. My car is "here". And by "here" they mean "Texas". If you have looked at a map lately, you'll know that this is a pretty big place. So the car is at a dealership in Houston, which is about 3 hours from here, but my dealership can't get the car (and the slamming deal I got depends on buying from *this* dealership) until they get one in to trade to that dealership later, like in a week.

    Now if they had just told me that to begin with, I wouldn't be disappointed right now. Instead, I'd still be happily looking forward to my car.

    Why do they have to be so sleazy?

    "Oh, you wanted to know when you could actually 'get' your car?" Jesus.
    That sucks man... just pretend you dreamt the conversation and that your ETA is in a week or two...

    Ya dealers can be verrry shady.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    142
    My dealer called me last Saturday to tell me my car just arrived; 1 hour before they closed. He said come in on Monday and it will be ready for deliver. Rough weekend wait!

    I now have my new baby, WRX Limited, Grey, a few factory goodies installed. Went ahead and had the car professionally detailed with paint sealant. Heard good things about getting this done right off the showroom floor to help keep the paint fresh. Cost me $255, but it they came to my house and did it plus carpet protectant on the inside. It does looks better now than on the showroom floor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •