how much horsepower does an 05 wrx wagon make? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on how much horsepower does an 05 wrx wagon make? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Look at the last picture. Did someone remove that cap recently? If not, is the cap installed tight? It may ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Look at the last picture. Did someone remove that cap recently? If not, is the cap installed tight? It may be leaking.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    looks stock to me. i know the stock 02-03 exhaust was a twin tip and im not sure about the 04-05 i guess they made it a single tip but otherwise looks stock, but i like the seats. they kinda look like rs seats..my friends 05 has seats the same style as my 02 so hmm maybe aftermarket. not sure
    Yeah my fiance was a little confused by the exhaust tip - other subies we see around have a smaller tip, so we weren't sure! and the seats are super nice! uncomfortable when i first got it but good now!

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Look at the last picture. Did someone remove that cap recently? If not, is the cap installed tight? It may be leaking.
    it was removed recently but put back on tightly - but it does look like it is leaking, everytime i look under the hood i see more and more green liquid?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 05wrxgirl View Post
    it was removed recently but put back on tightly - but it does look like it is leaking, everytime i look under the hood i see more and more green liquid?
    If you see more and more green fluid outside the cooling system there is less and less inside the cooling system. Check those 3 hoses for any signs of a leak (green or white smears, or green or white powder residue). If it's not one of the hoses it could be the cap itself, they have a membrane that can wear sometimes. Check now, see if you can find the remnants of a stream, and if not, wipe the surface clean and check again soon.

Standing at the nose of the car facing the motor, there is a plastic reservoir of coolant to the right of the radiator at the very front. Make sure the coolant level is adequate (between the max and min lines marked on the side of the reservoir). If you do not have the correct coolant you can simply top up with distilled water (any grocery store, much cheaper, will not affect coolant dilution appreciably unless there is a leak -- and if there is a leak your coolant will get drained and replaced anyway).

When you are done, do not push the hood shut with your hands. It is aluminium and can bend. Drop it shut from a reasonable height and tell any mechanic etc. to do the same.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Agreed on the stock.

That axelback portion is stock for the blobeyes. They were similar or near the same as the STI exhausts that year and after. 05 seats started looking more like the racing seats (as an option or with a different package option)
    ohhh well now im informed lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the white nylon line running along the firewall from the rear upper portion of the intake near the left top of the IC a reference line for a boost gauge? If so at least the line routing, if not the gauge, is not stock I don't think.

I Support ClubWRX
    sorry... didn't read this far into the thread... just posted it after the first one!
    Last edited by Sinister; 09-18-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    With that routing? I did not remember that, wow.

That does stand out, doesn't it...Wonder if it was just a poor dealer install job?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    whoops... I only posted after the first post. My apologies dan
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Re: how much horsepower does an 05 wrx wagon make?

Yep was about to say. Factory boost line goes from the bpv. And that's not a 2005 turbo coolant tank. 2005's painted black
    T0rque: nevermind.
    That string bit looks like it's holding the pcv sensor switch thing.

Posted from a fone.
    Last edited by UEDan; 09-19-2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: ARGHH Coolant* stupid swype.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Yep was about to say. Factory boost line goes from the bpv. And that's not a 2005 turbo current tank. 2005's painted black

Posted from a fone.
    my 2005 was the same coolant tank.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    that nylon line seems to connects to the High Pressure outlet on the OEM BCS. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the OEM EBCS seems to be absent from the car. Likely the car is wired for an MBC.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Agreed on the stock.

That axelback portion is stock for the blobeyes.
    Actually, the 2004 WRXs had the same axlebacks as the bugeyes, but yes, they did change it for 2005, so she has the stock exhaust for her year.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    that nylon line seems to connects to the High Pressure outlet on the OEM BCS. I don't know if anyone noticed, but the OEM EBCS seems to be absent from the car. Likely the car is wired for an MBC.
    what does this mean??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.