Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I dont want to void my warranty so what are approriate mods?...

Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods

I dont want to void my warranty so what are approriate mods?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're concerned with a warranty, you need to leave the car stock.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

What don't you like about your car?? You just got it. Drive it for a bit and see what you don't like. Then mod accordingly. What are your goals? Why do you even want to mod it if it's brand new?

Is this your first Subaru??? If so, head straight to NASIOC and put on a flamesuit.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    Is this your first Subaru??? If so, head straight to NASIOC and put on a flamesuit.
    Quoted for truth.

If you want to keep your warranty I would say the only option you have is to get SPT parts from the dealer and have them install the parts. But this is still not a guaranty that if something goes wrong that they will cover the claim.

DONT MESS WITH THE ECU!!! EVEN IF SOMEONE SAYS YOU CAN FLASH BACK TO STOCK
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can do suspension and braking modifications. Good thing to do first anyway.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

drive it stock until the warranty runs out, learn the feel of the car. in that time do research for all types of mods and see what would be in your highest interest and budget level. good idea to start out with braking and suspension then move to performance. Its fun having a fast car, but even more fun when you have a fast car that car handle well

Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ View Post
    What don't you like about your car?? You just got it. Drive it for a bit and see what you don't like. Then mod accordingly. What are your goals? Why do you even want to mod it if it's brand new?

amen!! while my recent (1 month ago) purchase of our wrx wasn't our first subaru ('09 tribeca), and only about the 14th new car i've purchased by the ripe old age of 40. the nasioc forum is something else. while full of great info, it also seems to be full of 18 year old know it all's with the attitudes to match. some of those threads make me feel like an 80 year old man! just wondering how they make it through life with the general lack of respect and even knowledge on so many levels.
    Last edited by mastercaster; 09-18-2012 at 06:11 AM.

and to the op, i have been involved in the diesel world for a number of years. i've modded several of my trucks the day they came home from the dealer. if your looking for keeping warranty intact, then keep your stock car stock. if your not willing or able to foot the bill for the possible consequences of your mods, then don't do them. only a bit of advice from a lowly old man in this wrx world.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    amen!! while my recent (1 month ago) purchase of our wrx wasn't our first subaru ('09 tribeca), and only about the 14th new car i've purchased by the ripe old age of 40. the nasioc forum is something else. while full of great info, it also seems to be full of 18 year old know know it all's with the attitudes to match. some of those threads make me feel like an 80 year old man! just wondering how they make it through life with the general lack of respect and even knowledge on so many levels.

Welcome to the anti-NASIOC attitude forum. You aren't the only old guy around these parts
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    and to the op, i have been involved in the diesel world for a number of years. i've modded several of my trucks the day they came home from the dealer. if your looking for keeping warranty intact, then keep your stock car stock. if your not willing or able to foot the bill for the possible consequences of your mods, then don't do them. only a bit of advice from a lowly old man in this wrx world.
    amen!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Welcome to the anti-NASIOC attitude forum. You aren't the only old guy around these parts
    Good! More 40+ year olds to make me seem young in comparison (well, relative to the internet forum world)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevsubie View Post
    I dont want to void my warranty so what are approriate mods?
    Extended armrest and all-weather floor mats.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I seriously wish I could "like" forums posts. As for nasioc.. I stick to my local (maic) subforum to keep up w local folks n meets n whatnot.

word of wisdom: If you want to learn, pay attention to the "old guys" .. I cant even count the amount of lessons I didn't have to learn the hard way by listening to the folks that had btdt long before me.

All that said, I'm also going to say not to change anything but maybe simple stuff like sways/endlinks.. better brake fluid... cat-back exhaust.. short shifter and bushings.. nothing that really affects the car in a warranty repair sort of manor. Dont tune it, stay away from intakes and downpipes as these will affect your warranty coverage.

I didn't mod my 2010 tune wise until I had 60K mi on the clock. My main reason was the warranty, secondary reason is to make sure everything in the engine is well bedded and settled. There's a reason why big time engine builders like to use "seasoned" blocks.

Now, I did put swaybars/endlinks and short throw shifter on at 3K mi or so and I did change some driveline moutns (diff mount inserts, rear subframe inserts, trans mount) but those really shouldn't mess with your warranty and the trans mount itself is a spt part available through the dealer. I did those to take the slop out of the driveline and it made the car dramatically smoother in both power delivery/shifting and over all on/off throttle feel.

I drove the car well past break in to see where I wanted to make changes. As mentioned above, this is the way to go. If not for anything at all it will save you money in not spending where mods dont need to happen.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast