Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Post up some pics of your car!...

Post up some pics of your car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Why do you even want to mod it if it's brand new?"

because stock is never good enough. I just bought a new one Friday and have full plans to mildly and tastefully mod it. Using mostly SPT parts should retain your warranty.
    I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass....and I'm all out of bubble gum.

Well another new car modder like me...lol Get the short shifter to start would be my opinion and just keep all stock stuff.....once you start you can't stop(maybe just me..LOL) as i am looking to go stage 2 on my 2012 STI ...it coming up to only 6000km .....its a how much you can resist and just say NO game ...which i'm not good at...LMAO I have gone to dealership and they don;t say anything but i haven't had any issues yet either(knock on wood) so its all up to you but be for warned its a disease once you start as it never fast enough!!! LMAO

Enjoy your new ride!!!!

Just got a 2013 WRX Today Help With Mods

if u want to hear the rumble.. and keep ur warranty? get the nameleaa axelback. but enjoy it stock for now!!

Quote Originally Posted by wadowrx View Post
    "Why do you even want to mod it if it's brand new?"

because stock is never good enough.
    ?? If that's the case you didn't buy enough car. Move on to something that suits your needs and you'll waste a lot less $$.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

It is explicitly stated in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that a manufacturer cannot deny a warranty claim because of an aftermarket part, unless the part in question actually CAUSED the problem that the warranty claim is about. I drove the first 1000 miles and babied the car. Then, as soon as I hit 1500, got an accessport and flashed Stage 1. Drove around, few thousand miles later, got a TBE and flashed Stage 2 (got rid of 2 catalytic converters, still have 1 in the system). Now just recently, got an AEM CAI and flashed Stage 2+ with the severe low wastegate map, I do not floor the car around, but on occassion i do. Do whatever feels right

I Support ClubWRX
    Along with the other suggestions, I would recommend attending a few autocross events to improve your driving skills before doing much else. Everyone at these events is super friendly and will be happy to share advice with you. You may even be able to get an experienced driver to ride along with you and give you pointers. A good driver with a stock car will be faster than an average driver with basic performance upgrades done to his car. Plus you will learn your car in a safe controlled environment not on the streets. This will quickly show you what you really want to improve on when it comes time to mod,
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Bring up the Magnuson-Moss act in front of a dealer service person and they'll laugh you right out the door. The oem and the dealer are two unrelated entities physically and financially. The dealer can deny you warranty work for whatever reason they choose. I've seen completely factory cars denied for "abusive driving" and I've also seen some modified cars get warranty work done without issue. It depends on the situation. If you flash that ECU and have a bearing failure some time down the line.. there's no way to prove or disprove that your altering the engine management had anything to do with the failure. See where I'm goin with that? Go ahead and play weekend warrior lawyer with a dealer and see how far they'll turn that round and put it in your butt. It wont be pretty.

Dont get all bent either, I wont argue it here because there's no reason to argue it. Its very plain and simple, if you dont want any warranty issues.. DONT mod the car. Why take the chance?

Also forgetting that when you buy the car and sign the sales agreement there are legal statements in there regarding warranty that you have agree'd to by signing that contract. If you breach them.. they owe you jack diddly squat.

Just some things to remember.
    Last edited by mangostick; 09-18-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

exactly!! i always love when someone brings up the Magnuson act.... i can't tell you how many times i've read about somebody crying about denied warranty work due to mods. it is everywhere in the diesel world. dealer can do whatever they like and unless you have the financial means to fight it, your screwed. dealers don't run around just voiding warranties. and to robsuerto, your dealer may not care( there are mod friendly dealers to an extent), and they may have already flagged or noted your vehicle in the system without you even knowing. i am all for modding your vehicle any way you choose as long it doesn't impose on me (noise pollution, exhaust pollution etc.), and as long as guys are willing to step up to the plate and get the checkbook out when something fails. i guarantee that if every single person on this forum and others were business owners (which i am) they would have different expectations of "their" customers, than they do just being a customer. if folks were returning failed items due to their own modifications to your business, you likely wouldn't be too willing to just eat that cost. okay....of the soap box i come.
    Last edited by mastercaster; 09-18-2012 at 10:04 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by robsuerto View Post
    It is explicitly stated in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that a manufacturer cannot deny a warranty claim because of an aftermarket part, unless the part in question actually CAUSED the problem that the warranty claim is about... Do whatever feels right
    Who exactly is going to fix the car?

Magnuson passed away in 1989. Moss passed away in 1997. I doubt either would have rolled up their sleeves even if they were still with us.

The dealer can simply deny coverage. What is the owner to do then? Get a lawyer? Complain on the internet?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

likely the latter.. seem to be a lot of that lately.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

agreed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12