Better performance
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Better performance within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So how would I go about getting more performance out of my 2.5 rs I'm planning on doing a swap ...

Better performance

So how would I go about getting more performance out of my 2.5 rs I'm planning on doing a swap to an ej20 here pretty soon but I just something more for the time being

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What part of the car is lacking? Power? Handling?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX

Better performance

I would not swap a 2,5RS if the corresponding WRX exists. I'd sell the car I don't want to buy the car I do. This is not necessarily the most popular opinion but life is short, if robots on assembly lines make the car I want I see no reason to do it myself.

If you insist, I'd mod the 2,5 starting from the wheels and moving inward. I would leave the motor and gearbox alone. If you respond to the question above more info can be given.

If you have an older RS I'd still say sell and buy a new age factory turbo car - stock, with a complete service history.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well when I got it it was good and fun but now I've had it for a long while I just need something more it's just the non turbo 2.5rs and I have a k&n and kyb struts but like I said its not enough

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I vote for trading it in for a WRX.. if you want more power it doesn't make financial sense to stay with the RS.

Is it a GC? if so, i'd keep it the way it is and get a WRX. If it's a GD, sell it or trade it in for a WRX.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

I Support ClubWRX

Better performance

Quote Originally Posted by Arich1227 View Post
    Well when I got it it was good and fun but now I've had it for a long while I just need something more it's just the non turbo 2.5rs and I have a k&n and kyb struts but like I said its not enough
    You've not defined what "enough" is or to what it relates. Even so I find it unlikely your existing car will be enough. If you like it, keep it. If not, don't. Throwing money at it isn't the answer in my view.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I love my car and I love driving it but I feel like I owe it to myself and the car to reach both mine and the cars full potential and I also think I can better myself with more horse power and it will help sharpen my driving

zax

Re: Better performance

Quote Originally Posted by Arich1227 View Post
    I also think I can better myself with more horse power and it will help sharpen my driving
    A very misguided statement. On the Road, more horsepower will undoubtedly only endanger. On the track, I would argue the inverse: racing with a deficit in horsepower would seem to lend itself to driver enhancement. The driver that remains competitive despite the deficit in horsepower is truly skilled.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    A very misguided statement. On the Road, more horsepower will undoubtedly only endanger. On the track, I would argue the inverse: racing with a deficit in horsepower would seem to lend itself to driver enhancement. The driver that remains competitive despite the deficit in horsepower is truly skilled.
    This.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Ya but not having enough hp to recover out of my conors and lines are really starting to make me question myself idk maybe your right maybe it's just me but Idk

what?

If you really want to mod it I would go with a good intake, headers, and a tune.. but I still think your money would be better spent (or saved) on a turbo car.

jk...just enjoy your car man! if it's a GC (pre 2002) then you have a nice ride man. Throw some suspension mods, nice set of wheels, tires, brakes and call it a day!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.