Subie Newbie

This is a discussion on Subie Newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright, let me kick of my first post and introduction! (Hopefully this is where I do it...) A bit about ...

Subie Newbie

Alright, let me kick of my first post and introduction! (Hopefully this is where I do it...)

A bit about me: Iím Isaac, Iím 28, married, originally from New Mexico but moved to Virginia about 4 years ago. Iím now located in Woodbridge, Virginia. Just bought a place a few months ago, and now getting another ride...

About my ride: Iíve placed a deposit on a 2013 Subaru WRX Satin White Pearl 4-Door Sedan which will be arriving 19 or 24 September. The car will be coming with a short throw shifter, boost gage, vortex generator, and all weather floor mats. Iím requesting for them to install fog lights, footwell illumination kit - red, and probably the auto dimming mirror and compass. As long as it doesn't fall through like the last one (another story for another thread) all should be good. Anything else I should add at port that doesn't come in the car? I was told I can get them at cost without installation costs.

Iím finally going to be a Subie owner!ÖYou people say Subie or scoobie rightÖthatís hip? *Fail* I'm definitely a Scooby-Newbie. I hear the Subaru crowd is an awesome crowd to hang with. I hope itís better than the Lancer crowd (no disrespect to the Lancer crowd, but they don't seem as active). I may also be booted from all car forums but I have always seen STI and EVO or even Lancer and Imprenza owners as ego driven or ďmy car is better than your carĒ types...which they are :P. I sometimes feel you have to have the Ego to go with the car, BUT I know there are some cool relaxed people who are awesome, nice, and just glad to be apart of the scene. Or as I stated in my Lancer forum back in the day: Everyone just wants to build their car to be better be better. I see people on here with Imprenzas that want WRX parts, I see WRX owners wanting STI parts. So I see it, we are all different colors (I'm talking about the cars) different blood (Talking about gas and oil) but we are all part of the same Family (Subaru).

After a few years of debating between a STI or EVO, STI or WRX, 4-door or 5-door, 2006/2007 or 2011-2013, years of getting my wife on bored, having to trade in my Lancer Ralliart, buying my wife a Bimmer, buying a house, Iím finally to point of having a WRX. I did decide to buy a WRX rather than an STI weighing the pros and cons. After research and input, I was convinced getting just a WRX would be the better way to go. I am nervous about the color or worried I'll regret it later. My wife and I have had black cars from the start and Iím ready to change it up. I think white looks sharp, graphite gray was my second choice and Iím sure Iíll regret not getting graphite grayÖhopefully I have some Satin White owners who can tell me some pros of white and graphite grays that tell me some cons of their color to help me out.

Iím going to be dealing with Annapolis Subaru in Maryland, anyone deal with them? I was able to get the price from $27,470 to $26,370 which I guess is better than most dealership in the area not willing to budge on the price at all. Any negotiating tips will be greatly appreciated!

Oh, if someone can show me a picture of the OEM vortex generator?!?! I canít find a picture at all of the one that comes from Subaru.

Iím not a car guyÖI want to be, but I never grew up with the awesome dad that taught me how to change the oil, or how to burn out. I never had the awesome friends to change my car into a hot rod. Iím looking for the friends to learn me. I still canít find where to fill the blinker fluid and how to turn off the bumper warning lightÖ

Looking to meet people in the Woodbridge area to hang out with, talk cars, convince me what to upgrade on my car next.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. I don't have the attention span to read past the first couple sentences but congrats on putting down your deposit lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

welcome to the site! congrats on the 2013, they're really great looking.