Hello! I just registered on this forum after browsing around for a while. I have decided my next car will be a 2013 base WRX 5-door hatchback. The dealer is getting one in around 9/26 and after talking to them they strongly suggest that I pay a $500 deposit to reserve the car. He told me the car is in such high demand that there is no way it will still be available. The car is black, base, auto-dim mirror, xm radio and the website lists the car at $27,346. Also if for any reason I do not purchase the car, I wont get my $500 deposit back unless the car is flawed.
1. Should I put down the deposit?
2. After putting down the deposit is it still possible to get the price down? If so, how much lower should I go/should they be willing to go?
3. Anything else I should know before stepping into the dealership?
Thank you, I am new at buying new cars so anything helps!