New 2013 WRX (need help) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New 2013 WRX (need help) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru The price of the car was set, written down on the order form and signed. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    The price of the car was set, written down on the order form and signed. Nothing on the order form has company policy on it nor does it show that I ever paid a deposit.
    If they've documented the agreed price and taken your money, I don't see how you could get them to come down on price at a later date then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    If they've documented the agreed price and taken your money, I don't see how you could get them to come down on price at a later date then.
    I don't expect them to come down on the price any more. I am already getting the car $1k under invoice. I am very content with this price.

I don't expect them to come down on the price any more. I am already getting the car $1k under invoice. I am very content with this price.
    whats the secret how did you get it for 1000 under invoice?

I would not pay a non-refundable down payment. Id rather wait for the demand to come down a little bit to have a better chance of test driving the car Im going to buy and haggling down the price.

Quote Originally Posted by atranz View Post
    what’s the secret how did you get it for 1000 under invoice?

I would not pay a non-refundable down payment. I’d rather wait for the demand to come down a little bit to have a better chance of test driving the car I’m going to buy and haggling down the price.
    Contact as many dealers as you can... contact the internet sales people only. Get the best price and then work from there..

I knew I wouldnt get a better price than this, I even had other dealers contacting my dealer and asking them wtf they were thinking.

I will wait for my car to come in, test drive it, and then if for some odd reason I dont like it or something is wrong I will worry about the deposit then... It sucks that is is non-refundable, but there is nothing I can do about it now, and chances are it wont matter, I would rather not beat myself up over it.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    "Company policy" has to be put down in writing. It cannot be in the head of the salesman. When you put down a deposit they should give you an order form or receipt. If you look on the form you will find "Company Policy" in writing. Read the fine print.
    I would consider this and whether or not the car they have coming in is exactly the car that you want. I may be wrong but it sounds like you don't want to talk yourself out of this deal because they gave you a good price. Good prices can always be found, I'd be more concerned about a) whether this car is really what I want with color/options/etc and b) the possibility of having to continue to deal with a dealership that seems to be acting somewhat shady.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    I would consider this and whether or not the car they have coming in is exactly the car that you want. I may be wrong but it sounds like you don't want to talk yourself out of this deal because they gave you a good price. Good prices can always be found, I'd be more concerned about a) whether this car is really what I want with color/options/etc and b) the possibility of having to continue to deal with a dealership that seems to be acting somewhat shady.
    I placed a custom order, so it is exactly what I want.

Thank you for all the responses and advice! I was able to locate another Subaru dealer that is willing to refund my deposit for any reason. I put it down for a 2013 Black WRX 5-door hatchback. I was actually able to remove all the options I didn't want, the only option I included was the STI short throw shifter. Out the door price (after taxes, processing, tags) came to: $27,128. Car should be here no later than Oct 8th.

Nice! Glad you were able to find a dealer like that. I put a $500 deposit down on mine and I am waiting... But I don't really care seeing as how I already sorted out the numbers and I have no intention on backing out on my end. =)

I placed a custom order, so it is exactly what I want.
    Sorry, my post was meant for the OP. Guess I should've mentioned that, but I skimmed some responses and didn't realize you were asking for advice in this thread too.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.