New 2013 WRX (need help) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2013 WRX (need help) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just emailed SOA to see what they say....

I just emailed SOA to see what they say.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The deposit is refundable. If a dealer tells you otherwise,he is lying. It is only a good faith agreement to buy the car. You can back out at any time & receive the full refund.

I would pay using a credit card. Just in case ,so you can dispute the charge if the dealer decides to play games with you.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the time period exceeds (I think) 90 days the credit card charges are not disputable.

I'd find a dealer that does not play games.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The deposit is refundable. If a dealer tells you otherwise,he is lying. It is only a good faith agreement to buy the car. You can back out at any time & receive the full refund.

I would pay using a credit card. Just in case ,so you can dispute the charge if the dealer decides to play games with you.
    Good! So I wasn't just making that up in my braincase.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

this is just me; but I dont much care to buy new. i bought my 2011 WRX premium, loaded hatch with a touch over 8000 miles on it for $26000. & it is exactly what i wanted. couldnt be more satisfied.

Even if they say it is "company policy"?
    I mean they told me it was non-refundable and I still gave it to them (after hours of arguing the fact) so.. it's not like I have any leverage.

I would have gone to find another dealer,, but like I said earlier, this was the best deal by FAR.

Oh, and btw, I just got off the phone with a SOA rep and they said they have no say on refundable vs nonrefundable, it is up to the individual dealership.

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you a Costco member? If so, use Costco's program. I bought my wife's Honda that way, and it was stupid easy. You fill out an online form with what you want, Costco connects you to one of their partner dealers (local to you), you meet them, they give you their dealer invoice, and their "Costco price" (ours was $500 over invoice), and you say yes or no.

There's no haggling, no schemes, and you see everything up front. You don't put down a dime until you have all the info in front of you, and you can walk away at any point. We got exactly the car we wanted with all the right options and colors, for a very good price. I'll never buy a new car any other way again.

Welcome to Costco Auto Program
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Are you a Costco member? If so, use Costco's program. I bought my wife's Honda that way, and it was stupid easy. You fill out an online form with what you want, Costco connects you to one of their partner dealers (local to you), you meet them, they give you their dealer invoice, and their "Costco price" (ours was $500 over invoice), and you say yes or no.

There's no haggling, no schemes, and you see everything up front. You don't put down a dime until you have all the info in front of you, and you can walk away at any point. We got exactly the car we wanted with all the right options and colors, for a very good price. I'll never buy a new car any other way again.

Welcome to Costco Auto Program
    I am a Costco member, but decided to pay $1500 less than what Costco could have gotten me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Find another dealer, and if you can't find one that sells Subarus find one that doesn't. Lots of good cars out there. Make your money matter.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie Subaru View Post
    Even if they say it is "company policy"?.
    "Company policy" has to be put down in writing. It cannot be in the head of the salesman. When you put down a deposit they should give you an order form or receipt. If you look on the form you will find "Company Policy" in writing. Read the fine print.

My brother recently cancelled the order he placed for a Impreza after he changed his mind & was refunded the amount in full,no questions asked.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

"Company policy" has to be put down in writing. It cannot be in the head of the salesman. When you put down a deposit they should give you an order form or receipt. If you look on the form you will find "Company Policy" in writing. Read the fine print.
    This. If a deposit is non-refundable, then the purchase price of the car needs to be agreed and put in writing. You can't leave a non-refundable deposit and then have the dealer put the price up by $1000 when the car comes in. When I used to sell cars (in England), at all 3 dealers I worked for the deposits I took were non-refundable. The price of the car was agreed upon and an order form completed showing the deposit left.

I really don't understand the point of a non-rufundable deposit though. The point of a deposit is for a customer to show the dealer they're committed and not just wasting time. If you want to buy the car you leave a deposit, if you think you may want to back out, then why are you leaving a deposit in the first place? When I bought my WRX and was told the deposit was refundable, I told them I'd prefer that they make it non-refundable and just give me a better deal on the car. They didn't. Refundable just doesn't seem to benefit the dealer in any way, so I'm not sure why they even bother

Non-refundable deposit? That's bull****, I'm sorry. I don't see how that can be their option. They did no extra work to keep the $500 in event that you were to in fact walk. Ridiculous IMO. I'd have found a different dealer if they insisted on non-refundable.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    This. If a deposit is non-refundable, then the purchase price of the car needs to be agreed and put in writing. You can't leave a non-refundable deposit and then have the dealer put the price up by $1000 when the car comes in. When I used to sell cars (in England), at all 3 dealers I worked for the deposits I took were non-refundable. The price of the car was agreed upon and an order form completed showing the deposit left.

I really don't understand the point of a non-rufundable deposit though. The point of a deposit is for a customer to show the dealer they're committed and not just wasting time. If you want to buy the car you leave a deposit, if you think you may want to back out, then why are you leaving a deposit in the first place? When I bought my WRX and was told the deposit was refundable, I told them I'd prefer that they make it non-refundable and just give me a better deal on the car. They didn't. Refundable just doesn't seem to benefit the dealer in any way, so I'm not sure why they even bother
    The price of the car was set, written down on the order form and signed. Nothing on the order form has company policy on it nor does it show that I ever paid a deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Non-refundable deposit? That's bull****, I'm sorry. I don't see how that can be their option. They did no extra work to keep the $500 in event that you were to in fact walk. Ridiculous IMO. I'd have found a different dealer if they insisted on non-refundable.
    Again, I didnt like it either, but they were giving me an awesome deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast