1st time subaru owner, 05 WRX wagon - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 1st time subaru owner, 05 WRX wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR Oil leak, and if so most likely valve cover gasket, turbo supply/return line, other, in that ...

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Oil leak, and if so most likely valve cover gasket, turbo supply/return line, other, in that order of probability in my opinion. Many such leaks burn off on the header and never reach the ground.
    This ^, however you would probably see smoke when you first parked after the engine getting really hot.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I drove my car home from work today and just as soon as I pulled into my driveway, I noticed that burning smell again! So i opened the hood and today there was actually smoke! My fiance said it is the valve cover gasket and there is a bunch of oil down there... so now it's time to fix it! how long would you guys say it would take to fix it?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Two hours.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Replace both at the same time? or just the side that is leaking?

I Support ClubWRX
    Leaking is such a relative thing though. I doubt the other side is bone dry, but have a look, then decide.

If you are near 60K, 120K, 180K miles etc. then you are due for spark plugs anyway. I'd combine the two.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.