1st Subaru... 2002 WRX 2.0 Turbo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1st Subaru... 2002 WRX 2.0 Turbo within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I bought my first Subaru, always wanted one and scored what I think to be a good deal on ...

Well I bought my first Subaru, always wanted one and scored what I think to be a good deal on one. Paid 2900 cash, has a salvage title due to a minor bent passenger frame rail. Only the tip is bent to the side, rest of it is straight. Car runs like new, pulls hard straight, stops straight, brand new Falken tires. Body looks amazing, almost like new. Interior is also great, not a single rip. Airbags deployed though but they are cheap to replace. Five speed manual, only 80k miles on the car. What do you guys think? Shop said it had a new rebuilt tranny from the local Subaru dealer. Good deal on the car?

Exhaust is painfully loud on this thing, sounds like some cheap eBay can on the back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats a good deal as long as you have someone to do the work at a reasonable rate. awesome find!

Re: 1st Subaru... 2002 WRX 2.0 Turbo

greaaat deal

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Here's a picture of the damage. Guy also included a new frame rail an other new subframe parts for around the radiator, new with Subaru tags.

Any idea how I can tell what kind of exhaust is on the car? I Didnt see a brand label anywhere. It's toooo loud. Also I plan on getting a up pipe and down pipe, and a different exhaust. Is a tune needed for this? I can get a Turbo XS UTec for a WRX, for 150$. Good deal or no?

I Support ClubWRX

No tune needed for up and down pipes but you'll have to fix the CELs. Info available this site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Id say get a cobb accessport and tune for stage 2 at that point, but it's not necessary. If there is no name on the exhaust it's probably something off eBay, and if it's really loud there may be a leak in it?

hopefully everything can get fixed up for cheap for you dude. She'll look good when she's put back together.

Cleaned up the interior a bit, here's how it looked before, after some vacuuming.

Here's how it looks now after using a carpet shampooer. Turned out nice, besides the blown airbags, thing looks like new inside. Put about 50 miles on it today to see how she ran, love this car, drove perfect.

what gauges do you have installed in the center?

looks good inside.

They aren't stock? I'll take a pic of them, I dont even know lol. Don't like them at all, they don't really match anything.

I believe they were an option when buying the car new, depending on which gauge setup you have. On my 03 I have a clock there, which is stock.

I Support ClubWRX

A stock 3 gauge pod was also available.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Velislide View Post
    They aren't stock? I'll take a pic of them, I dont even know lol. Don't like them at all, they don't really match anything.
    No, you're right, they are stock, but they were a rare option. Consider them a nice find. You have boost, voltage, and oil temp, I believe. Here's a closer view of one:

That exhaust looks like a custom job. You won't find a pre-made cat back exhaust (to my knowledge) with a single piece from the downpipe to the muffler.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

^that's what I was thinking as well Isaac.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I noticed the temp gauge doesn't work. I wonder if it's possible to changing the crappy yellow light inside the boost gauge console, into a green tone light to match the rest.

Love this car! Feel like I got a better and better deal the more I go through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast