Hello from NYC

This is a discussion on Hello from NYC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi! New member in NY here. I ordered a 2013 Rally Blue WRX Sedan base with factory spoiler and fogs. ...

Hello from NYC

Hi! New member in NY here. I ordered a 2013 Rally Blue WRX Sedan base with factory spoiler and fogs. I've never driven a WRX or STI, so I'm trying to test drive one before I sign. I put a deposit down.

Any issues with the 2012's? Reliability or otherwise?

I have a 350z and Mazdaspeed 3, both manual. I've had a GTI and Si over the last several years, too.

I wanted something with AWD, so my wife and I could stop putting winter tires on the Z.

Are you guys getting the short throw shifter installed at the factory or by the dealer?

I hope I don't regret buying this car because of the next generation, either.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heya Hifi

I just got to test the WRX a couple of weeks ago. I have a 2011 MS3 as well and I think you'll find the WRX more reassuring under acceleration and a more solid feeling car overall. Not quite as quick or terrifying as my Mazda can be, but I really liked the feel of it.

And welcome, I'm a new guy too.

Sorry, lag double-post.

Welcome! I would definitely try to drive one before you buy it! At the very least, you should be able to insist on driving the one you ordered before you make the deal. If you don't like it, just walk away. They shouldn't be able to keep that deposit. I assume you only did the couple hundred or so, that's all that subaru dealers are supposed to be allowed to take and it is supposed to be refundable. Or so my dealer told me.

Reliability issues, I think I've seen some of my fellow '12 owners experiencing some kind of bearing issue with their clutch. That's just anecdotal though, and I don't even remember specifically what the issue was. But that's what a warranty is for.

Short throw shifter, a lot of guys actually prefer aftermarket as they are cheaper and will reduce the throw by much more.

Good luck!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ya just get the Kartboy STS... I have read in multiple places that this is the way to go.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Hello from NYC

Welcome. Before you order the car check out our official vendor in the car purchasing forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks, guy!

Yeah, I only put down $100 and they said it was refundable. Also checking out Golf R, Focus ST and Veloster Turbo.

FMS

Welcome to the forums!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook