2005 WRX sti vs 2013 Wrx STI - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2005 WRX sti vs 2013 Wrx STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well yeah you will lose most of the value as soon as you drive it off the lot its the ...

Registered User XxJUNCTIONSTIxX's Avatar
    Well yeah you will lose most of the value as soon as you drive it off the lot its the same with any new car. But its a subaru so it may not lose value as fast. I just sold my other 05 for 24k i mean it wasnt really stock but the point is subaru keep their value very well. Specially since everybody wants one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont know much about the depreciation but thats just what ive noticed=]

For sure they R one of the best cars to keep the value. However take for example its about 36k for the car + 6% sales tax + 1.9 Apr so a new car you end up paying about 38-39k possibly more. So in 2 years time (2011 sti) is going for 30-31k with 25k miles. If you put 25k miles on the 2005 it depreciates about 800 per 10000 miles so a loss of 1600 for 2 years vs the loss about 7-8. But I guess money is beside the point I was mainly curious if the car is as good lol .

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowtyper View Post
    I guess money is beside the point I was mainly curious if the car is as good lol .
    Again, preferential. But drive both and decide.

I preferred the way the older GD STis drove. I wasn't too impressed with the GR WRX or STi. However, I also like hatchbacks. That being said, I just kept my bugeye.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The cars are identical lol the 05 has stiffer suspension so the new one is way more comfortable so do you want a comfort feel or a sporty feel? As far as which one is better, thats strictly your choice. I prefer 2005 model but then again its not my daily. Its just my toy. Just drive both and make your decision there.

Quote Originally Posted by XxJUNCTIONSTIxX View Post
    The cars are identical lol the 05 has stiffer suspension so the new one is way more comfortable so do you want a comfort feel or a sporty feel? As far as which one is better, thats strictly your choice. I prefer 2005 model but then again its not my daily. Its just my toy. Just drive both and make your decision there.
    Off topic...but is that your STI in your avatar? Start up a thread and show it off. I'd love to see more pics!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I would also consider if the 05 Sti was not modded before and then restored to stock condition to sell. I noticed that when I was shopping around, this was the case for a lot of the older stis and wrxs. If it was restored to stock well then you would not really be able to tell unless you are good at checking under the hood to see if things were tampered with. It would be pretty rare to find an 05 sti that was not modded or driven hard in some way....

ahh the joys of the unkown used car world
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Off topic...but is that your STI in your avatar? Start up a thread and show it off. I'd love to see more pics!
    No unfortunately its not lol mine is a silver 05 but i will start a thread anyways=]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.