that's terrible bro
This is a discussion on Warning to new buyers/ owners in Chicagoland! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; DON'T BUY/ BRING YOUR WRX TO GRAND SUBARU! BEWARE of the service department at Grand Subaru dealership!! I brought my ...
DON'T BUY/ BRING YOUR WRX TO GRAND SUBARU!
BEWARE of the service department at Grand Subaru dealership!! I brought my car is for service 2 weeks after I bought it, and this is what I dealt with.
For starters, the loaner vehicle i was given smelled terrible. Most of the interior had dirt on it, and there was no air freshener in the car. Also, there was only a half tank of gas when i got the loaner, but the paperwork told me i needed to fill the tank all the way to full when i was done. Makes no sense. Also, the loaner was not equipped with an i-pass, and no one at the dealership told me. I had to get in the car and realize that there was no ipass, then I asked the people at the dealership, and they told me I had to just take the one out of my vehicle. I was OK with using my own, but I wish someone at the dealership had at least let me know.
When I went to pick the car after service, i had a few issues:
1. There were chunks of debris on the outside of the car, and big smudges on the windshield. My car had obviously not been washed after service, and there was no explanation as to how the debris got on the vehicle.
2. I had to request that my car be washed. I thought there was a complimentary wash whenever service was done to the vehicle. Especially if body service had been done.
3. There was a suspiciously high amount of miles put on my car when I picked it up. I left the vehicle there with approx 480 miles on it, and when I picked the vehicle up, it had over 520 miles on the ODO. The service mgr. told me that they drove the vehicle to the body shop and back twice. That body shop was less than two miles away. Even with the mileage he said the vehicle had when I dropped it off, the couple trips to and from the body shop did not add up. Very bad practice. My avg. MPG had gone down considerably, which leads me to believe that the vehicle was driven very hard. VERY bad practice.
4. The invoice that I received in the mail also did NOT list mileage that was on the vehicle when I dropped it off. Only the mileage that was on the ODO when service was completed. Another poor practice, and another reason for me to believe someone took my car joy riding.
5. The interior of my vehicle was dirty when I picked it up. I understand that the service guys may have dirty clothing, but they cannot leave dust and dirt inside of customer cars. My passenger side seat heater had been somehow switched on, and was left on when I picked up the vehicle.
All of this lead to my overall dissatisfaction with the service, and the service department at Grand Subaru.
My issue still has not been resolved as the Manager, Rich Drouin, has completely stopped replying to my e-mails asking for this disservice to be explained. WARNING- DON'T BUY/ BRING YOUR CAR TO GRAND SUBARU!!
Last edited by dgearha3; 09-03-2012 at 05:13 PM.
that's terrible bro
2013 WRX Premium Sedan DGM
It was even worse because my engine was still in the break-in period (<1000 Miles)!
Yellow spots on 2012 SWP?!
Had yellow spots show through the paint on my SWP. See the thread.
First and foremost, take pictures of everything on your new ride before you bring it in. Especially the odometer. Ask for copies of everything when you bring it in too. The manager basically refused to acknowledge the mileage the car had on it when i brought it in, and the service department never recorded it
I contacted SOA, and of course they were no help. They told me it was an issue with the dealer's service, which they don't handle.... Why they don't handle that, I don't know :/
Sorry to hear. I had work done there about month ago and didn't have any problems with the service department. As for the gas in the loaner. The paper work does say fill the gas tank to full but the sticker inside the car says (return the car with the same amount of gas as received). I never filled up the gas. What did you get as a loaner?
2000 AUDI A4 - Totaled
2001 AUDI A4 - Back up
2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
MODS: Pioneer AVH-p4300dvd - 30% Tint - Smoked Tails
So they failed to wash your car? Perhaps they could have done things a little better, but other then the dirty car, there is no real evidence that they were out drag racing your car or doing anything wrong.
They gave me a newer Outback. It was a decent car, but they really did not take care of it.
And remember, they conveniently neglected to list the mileage the vehicle had on it when they took it in for service on the invoice they sent me. This fact alone, not even considering all of the other service errors, is enough evidence to prove that my car was used improperly. Don't you think that a company that stays in business by selling and servicing vehicles would make absolutely positive that they listed the mileage on a vehicle both before and after service? Is there anything more important to document to protect an automotive business?
C'mon now. Don't say they could have done things a little better! This isn't a little mom and pop used car dealership. They could have done A LOT better!
I bet my car had fewer miles on it than that Ferrari did in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!