My introduction
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My introduction within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I'm Drake. I live in Ohio, and I'm 17. I love cars, but I'm not very knowledgeable when ...

My introduction

Hi everyone, I'm Drake. I live in Ohio, and I'm 17. I love cars, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the newer ones

I'm just here to learn as much as I can about the STi's as I can before I buy one. Which will take a fat minute because I've only saved around 1700$ so far

I'm specifically after 04-05 STi's, with the ej25. I plan on eventually having around 400 awhp, no more than that with a lot of boost, I mean like 25 pounds, and I want the littlest bit of turbolag possible. What turbos should I look at? Also, what all will I have to do to the engine to put a big turbo on it? I know I need a new intercooler, and bigger injectors, but I don't have the slightest clue where to look. Any help is really appreciated.

Also, I probably said some **** that made me look dumb as hell, but remember I don't know a whole lot, just the basics really.
    Last edited by Durrake; 09-02-2012 at 10:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You're 17 right? How are you going to swing insurance and payments on an STI? I don't want to sound like a douche or anything, but what do you drive currently? An STI is going to have way more than enough horse to start, so get the car drive it, learn it, be comfortable with it, and then upgrade it. You'll appreciate the car more, and in turn respect what is capable of so you don't destroy it.

Anyway, that's just my $.02
    '11 WRX DGM

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Oh boy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I get what you're trying to say but I'm saving all of my money and buying it with one payment. At the moment I drive a 98 stratus, and yeah I get that I probably seem like a novice when it comes to driving with a lot of horses, but I've driven some monsters. I know how to drive, and I've been in some stuff you wouldn't believe. I figured I would drive it around stock (or however I bought it) for a while anyways, it's not like I want to just get the car and take it apart right there.

I'll be able to take care of insurance, and the upgrades, and my best friend is a mechanic, so he can help me out when bolting things on.

edit: before you ask, I want more than one opinion. That's why I don't ask my friend.
    Last edited by Durrake; 09-02-2012 at 09:41 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Follow the link in my signature for the answers to your various questions. All there.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Follow the link in my signature for the answers to your various questions. All there.
    hey thanks man

yo i also want to say that I've rebuilt a car before, and had 550 rwhp, so I know what I'm getting myself into

just figured I'd say that before I got some hate

edit: not to say I know a lot, but that I can handle a mean ride
    Last edited by Durrake; 09-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for you bro.

I've always been a car guy and looked forward to the next change in wheels, waaaaaaaaay before I could afford one. When I was in my early 20's with 2 kids, driving a rust bucket and replacing clutches, oil pumps, differentials, etc. to keep getting to work to make chump change, I kept the dream alive.

You'll get there faster if you plan for it and save cash now.

Quote Originally Posted by Durrake View Post
    I get what you're trying to say but I'm saving all of my money and buying it with one payment. At the moment I drive a 98 stratus, and yeah I get that I probably seem like a novice when it comes to driving with a lot of horses, but I've driven some monsters. I know how to drive, and I've been in some stuff you wouldn't believe. I figured I would drive it around stock (or however I bought it) for a while anyways, it's not like I want to just get the car and take it apart right there.

I'll be able to take care of insurance, and the upgrades, and my best friend is a mechanic, so he can help me out when bolting things on.

edit: before you ask, I want more than one opinion. That's why I don't ask my friend.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Thanks man that's just how I look at it, and I don't have any kids (hopefully), but I do know what it's like to keep the dream alive while facing hardship

Sorry, missunderstood. I figured you were just going out and grabbing one soon, if you know what you're doing more power to you man. Good luck with this endeavor.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Sorry, missunderstood. I figured you were just going out and grabbing one soon, if you know what you're doing more power to you man. Good luck with this endeavor.
    No worries, I understand that people my age aren't exactly the most.. well.. intelligent... I couldn't think of a better way to describe that, but you know what I mean.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.