Noob just bought a REX and already an issue **advise needed**
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noob just bought a REX and already an issue **advise needed** within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Folks not how I wanted to introduce myself but guess I have to, just purchased an 04 WRB WRX ...

Noob just bought a REX and already an issue **advise needed**

Hey Folks not how I wanted to introduce myself but guess I have to, just purchased an 04 WRB WRX (56, 700miles)
    Name is Mike, live in Jersey (I'll update my ride info )

i commute an hr to work I stopped off at the supermarket and came out and the car wouldnt start. I heard the fuel pump when i turned the key. I get nothing.
    It seems as if the battery is completely dead but i still have power.

after a few tries and the car sitting it finally starts. In the morning it starts no problem, after work it starts no problem. \
    the car also has a strong smell of gasoline.

Ive used the search feature and read a bunch of threads over the past few days , some say crank sensor, some say cam sensor am I missing something ?
    here is a list of the mods of the car

Engine:
    Hyperflow FMIC with JDM bumper beam
    A'pexi power intake
    18G Turbo
    RC Engineering high flow injectors
    Walbro 255 fuel pump
    Turbo XS uppipe
    Turbo XS downpipe
    Turbo XS midpipe
    Greddy Evo 2 exhaust
    Kartboy exhaust hangers
    UTEC & flashed ECU
    UTEC map selector

its going to get bad if i cant ride more than 20 minutes stop off in a store and cant start the car again for 20 minutes
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What part of jersey are you at?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    What part of jersey are you at?
    actually I work not too far from you. I work in Bridgewater and live down near Jackson (only about 15 minutes from Precision)

hhhhmmmm. thats tricky. Let us know what it is when you figure it out.

I Support ClubWRX
    When the car won't start open the fuel door and open the fuel cap. Pay close attention to the sound when you open it. Is it a huge whoosh of air you may have a clogged purge somewhere in the system.

Another weird issue with those cars is they somehow get set to valet mode. Does the "security" light on the dash board go wild when you try and start the car?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.