New guy to the subaru world here from Ohio. Looking for idea help please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New guy to the subaru world here from Ohio. Looking for idea help please within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys new guy here. Always been a fan of the subarus.all my buddies have dsm. I'm a fan ...

New guy to the subaru world here from Ohio. Looking for idea help please

Whats up guys new guy here. Always been a fan of the subarus.all my buddies have dsm. I'm a fan but have always wanted a Subaru I was looking about a year ago an I decided to get my diesel instead an buy an older bugeye when I saved some money an I finally got my baby a 2003 Subaru wrx wagon. 130k but it has to be one of the cleanest an well taken care of car I have seen. Considering I sell cars haha. Since I have got it I have lowered it put new wheels on it motor wise new head gasket timing belt an also accessport stage two up pipe down pipe Cobb intake bola cat back. Looking for some advice on what to do next? Injectors?fuel pump? Also i cant find anyone in ohio who i can get a custom tune from any suggestions?I'm just at a stump. Let me know I'm just learning the ins an out of the Subaru motor. Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subaru.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	107925 here is a pic of my car

welcome! nice bugeye, what is she lowered on? and what did u use for up and downpipe?

invidia downpipe and up pipe,Tokico lowering springs, but im going to get coil overs soon. I just bought my wheels about an month ago an im not liking them trying to sell and get a better offet to tuck a little with some coil overs. I just wasent happy with how it turned out but im very happy with the wagon. your from PA? not to far from ohio do you know anyone who does personal tunning on the AP? also any idea for any upgrades until i do the vf39 turbo swap this winter?

oh ok, stock struts?

and yes i heard there was a really good tuner in ohio...just forget the name. ill search on google for a bit and the name should click when i hear it.

performance mods that will be supported by the accessport- AEM or Cobb intake.. thats really all i can think of. once your gettting a protune though you can do whatever you want for performance.

free mod- stock intake silencer delete (snorkus),, just a mod for sound to hear the airfilter sucking in air. doesnt hurt or barely gain performance. just sound. can make mudflaps, exterior mods..window tint, amber fog light- can use a stained glass spray and thatll work fine. can take apart the headlights and paint the insides.. if you dont use the roof rack go railess.....just some simple things.

but for handling can always get different sway bars, thicker ones with new endlinks.

thats really all i can think of at the moment. but goodluck!

Eh you don't need to tuck. It will just kill your handling and your ride comfort.

Otherwise, pretty nice little wagon!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

looks great as is man, I don't think you need any more low, just gonna kill the performance.

good choices on the mods so far, same track I'll be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Eh you don't need to tuck. It will just kill your handling and your ride comfort.

Otherwise, pretty nice little wagon!
    agreed, he already seems really low in the back. but could be worn out struts if theyre stock with 130k and lowering springs on them

sorry haha already sound like a newb, but i acutally put new struts on the car i was saying. i want coil overs because the stance just is not what i was hoping for the back is lower. also i have a cobb intake on the vehicle already and i have mud flaps with hid head and fogs and tinted windows. but im thinking it might not be so much the way the car is sitting might be the wheel choice. I am selling them if anyone i intrested $800 with brand new michelins the wheel and tires are only a month old. also thanks if you could think of the name that would be great. I thought you could do a pro tune with a AP? i also just order a new y pipe for my intercooler im hoping that might help a little. car runs great im still getting some boost spikes here an there even tho i adjusted my wastegate? im just trying to get the most power possible till i can get the turbo upgrade this winter when im not driving the car. any suggestions would be great. Thanks for liking the car I will say she is expensive but i love my wagon!

i say wheel choice becasue the size of the tire and offset i know the stance of the car is from suspension i worded that wrong

Step 1. Get a new wife.
    Step 2. Acquire new parts
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

i really dont want to back track you dont think i have a good setup starting out?
    Last edited by Subiwagon; 08-30-2012 at 11:13 AM.

im prettyy sure if u go to a certain kind of tuner they can save the map to your accessport incase you want to switch but not fully sure, but first get a new wife

lost with wife? haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subaru1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	107932 Thats a better look at the car before mud flaps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast