I FINALLY GOT A WRX!!! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I FINALLY GOT A WRX!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Soobvirgin Nah, that just means they meet certain standards: JWL standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Keep ...

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Nah, that just means they meet certain standards:

JWL standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep looking....
    ahhh ok. I will take a look tonight when i can get by some tools.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Geez, who owned this car before? It looks like you have cheapy purple tint in one of the pics, too.

Congrats on your car, though. But like others have mentioned, it needs some serious attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    Geez, who owned this car before? It looks like you have cheapy purple tint in one of the pics, too.

Congrats on your car, though. But like others have mentioned, it needs some serious attention.

someone without the money to throw at it like these cars require

Its not THAT bad for the price i got it for...some cosmetic stuff but i dont care about that. lower miles and Engine is what was important to me. Only thing ive noticed is the rims and then possibly a tune that needs to be done. He babied the car though i know that for a fact. I got it with zero side wall tire damage and they had been on the car for 6 months by the time i got it last week. So i know he never drove it hard enough like i have to cause the car to bottom out...like i have

I'm guessing the offsets of those wheels are very incorrect if a 9in is rubbing. I've heard of people in the 3G WRXs successfully running 9in wheels with a correct offset.

I'd honestly dump those wheels altogether and find a whole new 4 with proper fitment. A 215 tire is best sized for about a 7in wide wheel anyway.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm guessing the offsets of those wheels are very incorrect if a 9in is rubbing. I've heard of people in the 3G WRXs successfully running 9in wheels with a correct offset.

I'd honestly dump those wheels altogether and find a whole new 4 with proper fitment. A 215 tire is best sized for about a 7in wide wheel anyway.
    yea im talking with the old owner to try and get the specs on them. Will probably end up selling the rims and tires seperate from each other (since the tire is the wrong size for the rim) and getting something different like you said. You basically answered my question though about a 8" working fine in the back.... I COULD always take those back rims and have em shaved down at my buddies CNC shop to have the correct offset then just get the tires to match the rim. But its starting to sound like im trying to hard to keep these rims. haha.. probably just gonna have to bite the bullet :/

The rims just need to go man they're hideous haha. I would prefer to ride on steelies than those rims, sorry to say.

Definitely look into a tune make sure its tuned you state that you bought the car for performance and don't care about cosmetic features of the car. Well I would put whatever money you have in making sure that motor is healthy. Good start would be to get the car tuned asap and make sure you have the supporting mods for the turbo swap. What are your existing mods on the car as of right now you should probably list a complete mod list. BTW ditch the blow off valve they aren't needed get a bpv instead bov just are noise makers. "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    The rims just need to go man they're hideous haha. I would prefer to ride on steelies than those rims, sorry to say.
    lmao... to each their own.. But i probably will end up getting a new set. Probably stick with 17's too as i tend to drive a little on the "aggressive" side i guess they would say. Im driving it very nice at this point because of the rim/tire issues. It commutes fine i just cant womp on it to where it bottoms out. I guess my only positive note out of this was that he AT LEAST got all the tires to be the same so its not affecting my drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Definitely look into a tune make sure its tuned you state that you bought the car for performance and don't care about cosmetic features of the car. Well I would put whatever money you have in making sure that motor is healthy. Good start would be to get the car tuned asap and make sure you have the supporting mods for the turbo swap. What are your existing mods on the car as of right now you should probably list a complete mod list. BTW ditch the blow off valve they aren't needed get a bpv instead bov just are noise makers. "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)
    yea i went through that thread a few days ago when i was lurking. The bypass valve is already on the list. As far as mods its pretty much stock engine wise besides the turbo swap and the exhaust. Im getting the dealership to look over it here this weekend so i should know more by then. Ran a OBDII scanner on it and everything was peachy with all the 02's reading correctly.. i know that doesnt tell me much but at least its something.

Rims are Kong apparently.. he got them on craigslist for 1k not knowing size requirments besides the bolt pattern.. some people just don't search the internet. lol.. he had a dealership swap the turbo change the oil and flush the antifreeze all one service around 8k miles ago... So, I'm gonna get a tune.. should I do anything else engine wise before so? MPG+ would be desirable as this is a daily driver... Right now I'm adveraging 19 on my commute to work and I feel it could be helped just by tuning it... Opinions?

I Support ClubWRX
    who cares whats the car came with, if you got it for a sweet deal you can just use the money you saved to actually get the things you want for it. in this case the wheels. then in the end you'll have the wheels you want and still maybe have some cash left over.

congrats and welcome! thats an awesome pic of you on that bike. wish i had the balls for that.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    who cares whats the car came with, if you got it for a sweet deal you can just use the money you saved to actually get the things you want for it. in this case the wheels. then in the end you'll have the wheels you want and still maybe have some cash left over.

congrats and welcome! thats an awesome pic of you on that bike. wish i had the balls for that.

Yea I still think I got a good deal. I'm having it inspected next Tuesday so I will know more then. As for the bike...its a lifesyle. Haha.. I love this car but mmy passion is bikes. That picture was at Barber in Alabama. Here was my ow **** moment from that weekend :/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLjm_LYZJM
    Last edited by wuzup76020; 08-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzup76020 View Post
    Yea I still think I got a good deal. I'm having it inspected next Tuesday so I will know more then. As for the bike...its a lifesyle. Haha.. I love this car but mmy passion is bikes. That picture was at Barber in Alabama. Here was my ow **** moment from that weekend :/
    Weeping Water at Barber GoPro Hero2 - YouTube

Nice save

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    who cares whats the car came with
    this definitely applies to cosmetic things, but in the case of having turbo swaps & whatnot without the supporting mods/tune it's definitely something that the OP should care about.

please keep us up to date with what happens on tuesday when they do the inspection!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    this definitely applies to cosmetic things, but in the case of having turbo swaps & whatnot without the supporting mods/tune it's definitely something that the OP should care about.

please keep us up to date with what happens on tuesday when they do the inspection!

I plan on getting the tune. Just wanna get the by pass valve and any other recommended mods i should do before said tune.

will do! BTW..anyone have any comments on their MPG adverages? im getting 18~19....If i tune it im assuming it will go up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.