Allow me to reintroduce myself...

This is a discussion on Allow me to reintroduce myself... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alrighty then... apparently I forgot that I had registered on this site... previous thread can be found here The Peanut ...

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Alrighty then... apparently I forgot that I had registered on this site... previous thread can be found here

The Peanut that I wanted was sold on me I was very sad ... BUT I did get into the WRX gang, with the purchase of a WRB bugeye. and contrary to my postings in my thread... I developed a love affair for the bug.

My car is nothing pretty, **** it doesn't even run that well (stupidly modded by the previous couple owners) and had I known about Subarus before buying.... I wouldn't have bought it. but I decided instead of being rid of it I would bring it back to life!

UNFORTUNATELY I work at a gas station and dont make jack for money... so the bringing back is very slow moving. I just keep telling myself "Its not about what it is, its about what it can become."

I have pics if they are wanted, it isn't anything special.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and pics are always wanted!

Here he is how I bought him (no flaming as NONE of the mods are mine :P)
    Ebay Headlights and prolly grille, Ebay tails... odd looking wing...

Got the stock headlights and tails from the PO as well as a liberal rep grille

Then I moved to the interior, which I WILL NOT post pics of as it is pretty sad... needs more work. it is blacked out tho, headliner, pillars, even the seatbelt stuff on the pillars (wow, learn terms)...
    painted the trim too (MISTAKE) decided I'm going with the OEM carbon fiber pattern stuff eventually.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Glad someone is taking care of it now.

So what is wrong with how it runs?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Well, the previous owner blew 2 motors pushing 22PSI with the stock injectors. Got scared and tuned a VF34 to 7PSI as to not blow anymore.
    its got a ebay catless TBE (the downpipe looks like it was straight 3"pipe with flange welded on, bolted up, and hand bent down to connect to the rest of the exhaust. BIG crease in the bottom right behind the flange and its starting to crack on the top) ebay "CAI" which looks like more of a SRI. and a ****ty tune (stumbles all the time, 7PSI so obviously no power)

the good thing about the engine (other than it still runs) is the APS TMIC someone along the line got a hold of before APS went under, it is a nice BIG TMIC.

OH and my speedometer and odometer both read double. apparently the (twice removed) previous owner had badd tranny luck when he was building it. he says its most likley the VSS, which he says he had no idea what he was doing when he was wiring it up... Haven't searched too much into that as it doesn't bother me TOO much.
    Last edited by lino129; 08-26-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: i suck at teh internetz

We have big plans though...
    extreme immediate plans include:
    ditching the TXS 100% ATMO bov in favor of a stock BPV
    Grimmspeed EBCS
    Invidia VS bellmouth downpipe (the one with the extra O2 bung)
    Cobb AP with tune from Clark Turner

Future plans include(going into/on a spare 2.0l I have):
    Perrin Catback
    Perrin CAI (might go with immediate plans for ease of tuning, knowing the parts in my car will go a long way...)
    Blouch 16g-XT
    GrimmSpeed Crank Pulley
    DeatschWerks DW200 Fuel Pump
    GrimmSpeed Crosspipe
    GrimmSpeed Uppipe
    DW 650CC injectors
    Forged internals (haven't begun to look seriously into this as its far into the future)

any help/criticism would be appreciated
    I'm shooting for a reliable DD with around 300WHP, that I can beat up at a few AutoXs a year.

Looks alot cleaner with the stock tails and heads. Glad to see your bringing some much loved life back into the bugeye. I love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything.

Good for you. It wasn't pretty to start but it wasn't ugly either! IMO you couuld cover a WRX in horse**** and we could all still see the beauty:-) Good call getting rid of the ebay headlights and grille. Rebuilding can be half the fun!

I dont have any pictures of it but I have the WRX wing on it now too. Took of the one that was on it and one of the risers literally broke in half. so I hopped on craigslist, went for a short road trip that very night and had a stock wing. I have alot of exterior plans as well but those aren't really as important to talk about, much better for showing. lol
    thanks for all the support guys, NASOIC couldn't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that none of the mods were my choice and were very mean to me

Quote Originally Posted by lino129 View Post
    NASOIC couldn't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that none of the mods were my choice and were very mean to me
    That too is why I am here haha. I can't ask a question without getting flamed up the butt

Oh and anything and everything I can send to Grimmspeed to be Pnp'd and ceramic coated I'm going to. lol

Those rims are so aweful, thank you for rescuing this WRX from its doom with those horrible previous owners!

Yea they definitely don't really work with a WRX... someday I'm gunna be rocking some gold Rota Tarmacs or Silver Rota Torques not sure yet. but for right now I wanna get the engine running right. So at a minimum I need a Invidia DP, Stock BPV, Perrin CAI, and the Grimmspeed EBCS. as well as a accessport and tune from lark Turner. after he's running healthy maybe Ill pay a little more attention to looks. lol