wheels and tires i need ur advice please read
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wheels and tires i need ur advice please read within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats going on all? I want to buy my self sum good wheels but i wanted to get sum opinions ...

wheels and tires i need ur advice please read

whats going on all? I want to buy my self sum good wheels but i wanted to get sum opinions about what wheels i should get. i was looking at rota grid, xxr 522 and enkei rpf1. i was wondering what size wheels and tires i should get. I just started doing auto cross and im having alot of fun with it. Im soon going to be doing a rally cross event (most likely i will be using my stocks and putting either blizak or sum other snow tires). im looking for sumthing light but also that sticks to the ground because i also do mountain runs. any advice i deeply appreciate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    RPF1s

As for tires, what's your budget?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

between $800 to $1000 what size rims 17s or 18s. i believe 18s will look better but 17s probally be better for performance

If you are going off road at all, I would stick with 17's. The larger sidewall will help with the ride quality over rougher stuff.

STi or WRX? If WRX, there some awesome 15s out there for rally-x. Braid & Team Dynamics both have rims that fit over the front brakes, and I think I remember Enkie making a set of rims for rally-x too. Just my opinion though, and the wheel setup you'll want for auto-x, as well as suspension setup will be a good bit different than what you'd want for rally.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    STi or WRX? If WRX, there some awesome 15s out there for rally-x. Braid & Team Dynamics both have rims that fit over the front brakes, and I think I remember Enkie making a set of rims for rally-x too. Just my opinion though, and the wheel setup you'll want for auto-x, as well as suspension setup will be a good bit different than what you'd want for rally.

Thanks for the advice. I have a wrx. I was going to put snow tires on my stocks for the rally x then buy either the rota grid or xxr 522 and use that for auto cross Ijust was wondering what off set I should put. Thanks for the idea of putting 15 inch wheels I've been reading up a lot about that from people who do rally cross on a regular. At the moment I have tein coil overs and the ride feels a lil harsh Iwas thinking of removing them . Or should I consider getting new shocks?? I'm still very new to this world and I'm having a lot of fun I'm just trying to make the right moves so I appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Eyez View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have a wrx. I was going to put snow tires on my stocks for the rally x then buy either the rota grid or xxr 522 and use that for auto cross Ijust was wondering what off set I should put. Thanks for the idea of putting 15 inch wheels I've been reading up a lot about that from people who do rally cross on a regular. At the moment I have tein coil overs and the ride feels a lil harsh Iwas thinking of removing them . Or should I consider getting new shocks?? I'm still very new to this world and I'm having a lot of fun I'm just trying to make the right moves so I appreciate the advice!
    For your MY I'm not that knowledgeable on your suspensions options, but a good place to start would be the tech forums on DirtyImpeza.com. Someone there should have some better help for you. GL!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.