wheels and tires i need ur advice please read

This is a discussion on wheels and tires i need ur advice please read within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats going on all? I want to buy my self sum good wheels but i wanted to get sum opinions ...

wheels and tires i need ur advice please read

whats going on all? I want to buy my self sum good wheels but i wanted to get sum opinions about what wheels i should get. i was looking at rota grid, xxr 522 and enkei rpf1. i was wondering what size wheels and tires i should get. I just started doing auto cross and im having alot of fun with it. Im soon going to be doing a rally cross event (most likely i will be using my stocks and putting either blizak or sum other snow tires). im looking for sumthing light but also that sticks to the ground because i also do mountain runs. any advice i deeply appreciate

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    RPF1s

As for tires, what's your budget?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

between $800 to $1000 what size rims 17s or 18s. i believe 18s will look better but 17s probally be better for performance

If you are going off road at all, I would stick with 17's. The larger sidewall will help with the ride quality over rougher stuff.

STi or WRX? If WRX, there some awesome 15s out there for rally-x. Braid & Team Dynamics both have rims that fit over the front brakes, and I think I remember Enkie making a set of rims for rally-x too. Just my opinion though, and the wheel setup you'll want for auto-x, as well as suspension setup will be a good bit different than what you'd want for rally.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    STi or WRX? If WRX, there some awesome 15s out there for rally-x. Braid & Team Dynamics both have rims that fit over the front brakes, and I think I remember Enkie making a set of rims for rally-x too. Just my opinion though, and the wheel setup you'll want for auto-x, as well as suspension setup will be a good bit different than what you'd want for rally.

Thanks for the advice. I have a wrx. I was going to put snow tires on my stocks for the rally x then buy either the rota grid or xxr 522 and use that for auto cross Ijust was wondering what off set I should put. Thanks for the idea of putting 15 inch wheels I've been reading up a lot about that from people who do rally cross on a regular. At the moment I have tein coil overs and the ride feels a lil harsh Iwas thinking of removing them . Or should I consider getting new shocks?? I'm still very new to this world and I'm having a lot of fun I'm just trying to make the right moves so I appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Eyez View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have a wrx. I was going to put snow tires on my stocks for the rally x then buy either the rota grid or xxr 522 and use that for auto cross Ijust was wondering what off set I should put. Thanks for the idea of putting 15 inch wheels I've been reading up a lot about that from people who do rally cross on a regular. At the moment I have tein coil overs and the ride feels a lil harsh Iwas thinking of removing them . Or should I consider getting new shocks?? I'm still very new to this world and I'm having a lot of fun I'm just trying to make the right moves so I appreciate the advice!
    For your MY I'm not that knowledgeable on your suspensions options, but a good place to start would be the tech forums on DirtyImpeza.com. Someone there should have some better help for you. GL!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......