New to the club and already got problems with misfire codes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the club and already got problems with misfire codes within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys and or girls. My name is Chris and I am from PA. I love subaru's period, I have ...

New to the club and already got problems with misfire codes

Hi guys and or girls. My name is Chris and I am from PA. I love subaru's period, I have owned a 1993 5spd impreza and a 97 legacy in which I still have. But I always wanted a WRX. So I bought a 2002 WRX 3 months ago in MO. The guy I bought it from has it mapped to stage two and a catless exhuast. It ran great from MO to PA. I left it sit for two weeks then when I went to drill I was going up a hill and I lost power and it hesitating and shaking bad. I have used both my accessport and obd2 reader. OBD2 says pass no codes. But the accessport says codes PFFFF and PFFFE which from COBB and here I find are misfire codes but no cyclinders are given with em. So I already changed all the coil packs and plugs, cleaned up the grounds and used injector cleaner/seafoam. Still missing and flasjing CEL. Sometimes it will start up and sound great, but then the idle goes up and CEL starts flashing and same problems all over. What to do, any advice or someone have this problem licked yet? And in advance, thank you for any advice or knowledge on this issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, I see you have posted in the main misfire code. That is were an answer will likely appear. Good luck and enjoy the site.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thank you and I hope to.

Well I got the list that Donkey put out. I am gonna try to hit the items I havent yet this morning so wish me luck. However I did find two leaks. one line above the turbo and a metal line between the battery that was spraying antifreeze. So two unexpected things fixed that had nothing to help fix my issue. But there done.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Interested to hear of any progress made with your CEL's.. having the same issue.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.