NEW SUBARU WRX OWNER TEXAS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW SUBARU WRX OWNER TEXAS within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys im eric live in the houston texas area , just wanted to get into the subaru scene. maybe ...

NEW SUBARU WRX OWNER TEXAS

hey guys im eric live in the houston texas area , just wanted to get into the subaru scene. maybe someone can help?
    i have a 2002 WRX w/ exhaust. message me or just comment below i would love to learn more about my car and how to work on it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome eric.

is there anything specific you'd like to know or need information on? there is a lot to learn

i'd start by reading the 'stickies' at the top of each forum and start reading this: Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

FMS

Hi Eric my name is Mason and I am with Flatline Motorsports a vendor here on ClubWRX. I am more than willing to help you with any parts or advice you need. (PM or call)

Welcome to the club!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

just want to make it faster lol, also i want to change out my spark plugs because i got a misfire code on cylinders 2 and 4 so i was planning to replace all 4 with new spark plug wires and possibly a coil pack if needed but i heard its pretty hard to do on these flat 4's

Ohhhh boy....yeah. Get the misfire figured out first before you start thinking about anything fast. What mods are done to the car currently?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ohhhh boy....yeah. Get the misfire figured out first before you start thinking about anything fast. What mods are done to the car currently?
    Yes the misfire code could be...detrimental to the motor if you upgrade it before first understanding whats going wrong. You don't have a lightweight flywheel or crank pulley do you?

yeah thats why i was planning to change the spark plugs and wires first. all 4 . and its stock besides the exhaust system i have @Mikie13
    i dont think i have a lightweight flyweel or pully its all stock 2002 WRX 125000 miles oh and a STI intercooler @FMS

Ok, is it a turbo-back? Meaning does it have a downpipe? Is it tuned for it if so?

If you have those things on it, it's not stock.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

ehh idk about the downpipe. it doenst look stock it looks like a full straight pipe all the way to the turbo no cats. ill post a pic tomorrow during the day

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ierichuljev View Post
    ehh idk about the downpipe. it doenst look stock it looks like a full straight pipe all the way to the turbo no cats. ill post a pic tomorrow during the day
    This should help clear up the lingo for you:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx-intake-exhaust-diagram.gif 
Views:	51 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	107725

Basically, a "straight pipe all the way to the turbo" is just saying you have a catless uppipe. That's fine if that's the part you meant, but Mikie was asking about the "turboback", which includes all exhaust sections from the hot side of the turbo to the exhaust tip.

The downpipe is really the most restrictive portion of the exhaust, and when you look at the stock one, it's easy to see why: nearly have of the turbo outlet is blocked off with a plate.

The 2002-2005 cars have a catted uppipe in addition to the two in the factory downpipe. These have been known to degrade with time, blowing pieces of the cat through the turbo, eventually killing it. A catless uppipe should be your first modification consideration power-wise, especially for a car with your mileage.

Like you said, take pictures of everything, and we can help sleuth out what was done to the car.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

@RAMBO i knew there was another cat somewhere! im pretty sure my wrx still has the pre-cat my exhaust is catless from the turbo back .thanks i will get on and take some pics today last thing i need it a turbo going out!

here are some pics guys there is a cat on the up pipe sadly! so that has to go!!! lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	107830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	107831
    any good uppipes y'all can recommend for my 02 WRX?

FMS

Grimspeed makes a great ceramic coated one I have on the site but I am on my droid or Id link it. Anyways that one performs really well.

Do you know if the car is tuned at all if it is in fact not tuned you should do that asap since you do have a aftermarket dp. As for a up pipe I would personally recommend grimmspeed. GrimmSpeed Subaru WRX STi Ceramic Coated Up Pipe - Flatline Motorsports I would do the up pipe asap as well not good combo aftermarket dp with stock up pipe it's usually the other way around

does it change the sound at all? and thanks ill look into it is it also a hard install? or you think i can handle it on my own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast