Future WRX owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up everyone. I am coming over from CLUBRSX and selling my RSX as soon as possible. I am in ...

Future WRX owner

Whats up everyone. I am coming over from CLUBRSX and selling my RSX as soon as possible. I am in the market for a WRX and have been on the forum doing research on the car for a couple months now. Went to the dealer to get into a 2012 a week ago and found out that no one in the Los Angeles area has one and if they did its not at all what I wanted. So I am gonna play the waiting game and hope the right car shows up and everything works out.

I also have to get my wife to budge a little becuase she is not the biggest fan of my hobby haha. She just doesnt understand, like I dont understand why she needs 5 different purses.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-21-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Offering of unauthorized services.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club (from January 2012)!

We do not allow unauthorized vending here. Please read through the links below for more information.

Rules

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/content/130-sponsors.html
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Gotcha! Well I just sent Justin an email so maybe I can be the first insurance vendor on the site haha.

I joined in January becuase I was pissed I didnt have access to a vehicle that could get me up a mountain with snow on it. Doesnt happen very often in the Los Angeles area but I was like man I have wanted a WRX for a while and maybe I should get serious about it. Im sure in PA AWD is just a normal logical vehicle to have just to get around! Either way SoCal or not I want awd and only in the past two months have I looked real hard. Love these cars. Test drove an 09 STI that I was not too impressed with and then a 12 WRX that I was more pleased with. I have had the mod bug with my RSX and I know I will with the WRX so I have all my parts in line to buy when I get the car haha!

Here is a question for everyone that has been in my mind.

Right now and I am sure in the future Subaru has a 1.9% APR financing deal. So for the $30k I need to loan minus the 10k down payment from selling my car and some cayyyyysh its about $330 a month for 60 months.

Also I have been looking at used 2011 WRX's just for the sake of trying to find a good deal. The cars I have liked have been in the 25k range. Now you take that minus the 10k down payent and you think ok sweet deal. The problem is I cannot find a loan for under 3.99%. So my monthly payment would be around $300 for a 2011.

From a value standpoint it seemsmore worth it to get a new WRX the way I want it. Nothing more and nothing less. So I am not too familiar with the car ordering process and what a buyer can do to haggle with pricing. I know some arguments for a deal are the car never has to sit on a lot, you dont have to pay a mechanic to add or subtract options as the ones I want are specified, and you never had to market the car and spend the money in newspapers or online services. Are their any others I can use for leverage? With a car being ordered should I be asking to pay invoice price? 500 over invoice? 750? Stuff like this I am in the dark for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd spend an extra $30 a month for a brand new unused WRX over the 2011. Used WRXs are really holding their value well and there have been a lot of stories of people searching, and only finding used WRXs for MORE expensive used ones, than what it would cost for brand new ones!

Given that, I'd certainly wait for a new guy. Dealers are apparently taking orders now. You should be able to pay invoice or a little lower. I don't think you should be paying above invoice at all.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'd spend an extra $30 a month for a brand new unused WRX over the 2011. Used WRXs are really holding their value well and there have been a lot of stories of people searching, and only finding used WRXs for MORE expensive used ones, than what it would cost for brand new ones!

Given that, I'd certainly wait for a new guy. Dealers are apparently taking orders now. You should be able to pay invoice or a little lower. I don't think you should be paying above invoice at all.
    Ya for sure not going used car. once I did all the research on interest rates and prices a used car just didnt make sense to me.

Also when I go to the Subaru website and build my own WRX is the number it spits out the Invoice Price or MSRP or something else haha?

It will give you the MSRP.

Invoice is what the dealer paid for the car from Subaru corporate.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    It will give you the MSRP.

Invoice is what the dealer paid for the car from Subaru corporate.
    Ok then how do I find the Invoice Price? I dont think the dealer would give it to me haha. Is there an estimate of how much I can take off to guess at the invoice price?

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Ok then how do I find the Invoice Price? I dont think the dealer would give it to me haha. Is there an estimate of how much I can take off to guess at the invoice price?
    You'd have to look at the dealer's invoice...that's what their paperwork will say when the car is delivered/ordered.

We have a vendor around here who actually works for a dealership as a salesman (rexxx0486). Ask him some questions. He's a great dude.

I Support ClubWRX
    Mikie thanks for putting my name out there man! Anyway I will weigh in here and try to help:
    1. The 1.9% is for 24 and 36 month terms, you are probably figuring a longer term based on the payments you worked up so you should know that the longer terms are 2.9%.
    2. Invoice for a 2013 WRX is 25379. I can sell you one for 500 under that if you go through my program but you are in Socal and shipping would probably be too expensive for it to work out. Cali dealers seem to be pretty rigid so I'd plan on paying invoice best case scenario, and be willing to go up to 500 over which is a pretty good deal... considering the car's resale and capabilities vs. its price I think it is a good value even at sticker.
    3. Used car prices make no sense on WRX's they are stupidly high, stick with new and avoid headaches.
    4. Waiting for the right one to come in is a bad move. Because everyone wants to see and drive the car first and there are so few available, the dealer is inevitably going to want a lot more for an in stock unit than an ordered car. I'd try to meet up with some locals on clubwrx and see if someone will take you for a ride. That way you know what you are getting but don't have to play the dealers game of "this is the last one we have for 6 weeks, you're gonna have to pony up.

If you have any other questions pm me and I'll be glad to offer a helping hand. I also have a thread in my sig "ask a subaru dealer" which answers a lot of common questions and is available for anyone to ask anything they need to know. Good luck!
    Clayton
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Thanks for the help Clayton. A lot of really good info. I sent you a PM about the interest rates. That might be another good topic to vocer to see if that is negotiable or if that is rigid. And I checked out your link and there is a lot of useful tools there!

Thanks again man

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Mikie thanks for putting my name out there man! Anyway I will weigh in here and try to help:
    1. The 1.9% is for 24 and 36 month terms, you are probably figuring a longer term based on the payments you worked up so you should know that the longer terms are 2.9%.
    2. Invoice for a 2013 WRX is 25379. I can sell you one for 500 under that if you go through my program but you are in Socal and shipping would probably be too expensive for it to work out. Cali dealers seem to be pretty rigid so I'd plan on paying invoice best case scenario, and be willing to go up to 500 over which is a pretty good deal... considering the car's resale and capabilities vs. its price I think it is a good value even at sticker.
    3. Used car prices make no sense on WRX's they are stupidly high, stick with new and avoid headaches.
    4. Waiting for the right one to come in is a bad move. Because everyone wants to see and drive the car first and there are so few available, the dealer is inevitably going to want a lot more for an in stock unit than an ordered car. I'd try to meet up with some locals on clubwrx and see if someone will take you for a ride. That way you know what you are getting but don't have to play the dealers game of "this is the last one we have for 6 weeks, you're gonna have to pony up.

If you have any other questions pm me and I'll be glad to offer a helping hand. I also have a thread in my sig "ask a subaru dealer" which answers a lot of common questions and is available for anyone to ask anything they need to know. Good luck!
    Clayton
    Anytime Clayton!

It's nice to have an actual dealer Salesman running around here that can answer some of these tougher questions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah thanks guys I am glad to help. Since it was brought up and just so everyone knows, the subaru interest rates are pretty much set in stone. I say pretty much because if someone is paying a super high price they can use that money to buy down the interest rate, but if you're getting a good deal consider them set in stone, they are set by chase not the dealer. (talking about new cars here, used is different)

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Yeah thanks guys I am glad to help. Since it was brought up and just so everyone knows, the subaru interest rates are pretty much set in stone. I say pretty much because if someone is paying a super high price they can use that money to buy down the interest rate, but if you're getting a good deal consider them set in stone, they are set by chase not the dealer. (talking about new cars here, used is different)
    Clayton,

I have done some research buying the car and was wondering what are the rules for using a credit card? If I saw correctly Subaru has a Mastercard. Is there a limit of how much you can put on the credit card? Just wanting to see as I had a friend try to put the car on a credit card and pay the balance with a pre approved loan he had to get the point from the credit card. Insight on anything I am missing would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    This varies by dealer, but mostly all dealers are going to limit the amount you can put on a credit card. My dealership has a 2500 limit on credit card charges for instance. This is due to the fact that the credit card companies charge us 3-4%. Do the math, if we let you charge 25000 it would cost us 1000 dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by CZDeaver View Post
    Clayton,

I have done some research buying the car and was wondering what are the rules for using a credit card? If I saw correctly Subaru has a Mastercard. Is there a limit of how much you can put on the credit card? Just wanting to see as I had a friend try to put the car on a credit card and pay the balance with a pre approved loan he had to get the point from the credit card. Insight on anything I am missing would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 08-28-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast