got an 02 wrx last week - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on got an 02 wrx last week within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Install something in your bunghole....

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Install something in your bunghole.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i bought the vf30 for 400 bucks, has a minor wastegate crack apparently. Might have it welded by my buddy if that is possible. hopefully ill be able to hit 300 on e85 with that baby.

i will probably need to get a basemap loaded to get down to the tuner 4 hrs away when i get this car together. Im assuming the car wont run properly when i switch out injectors... what do you guys recommend? a tactrix cable is what i was thinkin

Ask the tuner.. if he does OpenSource then you can pick up (or borrow) a Tactrix cable and ask the tuner if he can email you a base tune to drive down there.

alright boys, i got my car tuned today. made 253 whp and 253 tq, was not happy with these numbers considering its a 16g. he said it could be bad gas, could be cuz my stock intake/2.25 catback piping, or something with the motor itself. he ended up pulling so much timing that it just didnt want to make power. im going to blame it on the intake and gas. all we have here is 91. probably going to get a seperate e85 tune i think.

the boost held stable on the dyno but now on the way home when im in 3rd, 4th 5th i notice the boost is fluctuating severly just going back and forth. do i need to adjust my wastegate actuator? i have a grimmspeed ebcs

zax
    What TMIC are you running? If it's the OEM WRX, that is what's holding you back by far at this point.

Facebook me here

mods-

blouch 16g
    godspeed tmic
    uppipe, 3 inch downpipe
    stock exhaust piping, straight pipe (cut the muffler off)
    grimmspeed ebc
    565 injectors
    deatchwerks 255

would a leak in the inlet hose cause knocking at high rpm?

dyno graph

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by djuhnk View Post
    would a leak in the inlet hose cause knocking at high rpm?
    Definitely could, have you logged FBKC and FLKC? At this level, the stock Catback will hold you back. Furthermore, I remember someone on NASIOC doing a test and finding that the Godspeed TMIC was actually inferior to the stock TMIC in charge cooling. Let me see if I can find it.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Definitely could, have you logged FBKC and FLKC? At this level, the stock Catback will hold you back. Furthermore, I remember someone on NASIOC doing a test and finding that the Godspeed TMIC was actually inferior to the stock TMIC in charge cooling. Let me see if I can find it.
    just wondering how would logging knock help me when my tuner just tuned it not to knock yesterday? yes he told me i should probably get a 3 inch but i cant see losing over 50 hp due to that back pressure. after all, it is just a straight pipe. and sorry, i just cant buy that a godspeed intercooler is worse than stock, ill just look at my logs telling me that my intercooler is giving me less than 10 degrees above ambient. IMO people just want to think that godspeed is bad because its $200 cheaper than their brand name.

im going to put my money on the fact that it was 91 from fargo, ND and it was probably a bad batch of fuel too.

what im thinking- do a TGV delete, get my stock injectors modded to 820cc, get new inlet hose, short ram intake, and get it tuned on e85
    just sucks to spend that much more

just wondering how would logging knock help me when my tuner just tuned it not to knock yesterday? yes he told me i should probably get a 3 inch but i cant see losing over 50 hp due to that back pressure. after all, it is just a straight pipe. and sorry, i just cant buy that a godspeed intercooler is worse than stock, ill just look at my logs telling me that my intercooler is giving me less than 10 degrees above ambient. IMO people just want to think that godspeed is bad because its $200 cheaper than their brand name.

im going to put my money on the fact that it was 91 from fargo, ND and it was probably a bad batch of fuel too.

what im thinking- do a TGV delete, get my stock injectors modded to 820cc, get new inlet hose, short ram intake, and get it tuned on e85
    just sucks to spend that much more

What are you using to log air temp post intercooler? If you're taking readings off of your factory IAT sensor you realize it is located in your MAF, before air even enters your turbo, right? People think the Godspeed intercooler is crap because of the poor core density, real world testing, and the fact that pretty much everything else they make is also crap.

91 sure isn't helping your situation either though. Don't forget a new fuel pump if you're switching to e85.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    What are you using to log air temp post intercooler? If you're taking readings off of your factory IAT sensor you realize it is located in your MAF, before air even enters your turbo, right? People think the Godspeed intercooler is crap because of the poor core density, real world testing, and the fact that pretty much everything else they make is also crap.

91 sure isn't helping your situation either though. Don't forget a new fuel pump if you're switching to e85.
    sorry, my bad, just figured the temp was post intercooler, but now i feel stupid because i know theres no temp sensors after the intercooler.
    still sticking with my argument though, in my rsx with a godspeed ic (smaller than the wrx one) i made 326 whp, and my temps were right around ambient. (this sensor was post intercooler) plus it was 60 degrees out during tuning yesterday and they had a fan blowing directly into the intercooler.

any answers to my previous question?

"the boost held stable on the dyno but now on the way home when im in 3rd, 4th 5th i notice the boost is fluctuating severly just going back and forth. do i need to adjust my wastegate actuator? i have a grimmspeed ebcs"
    Last edited by djuhnk; 09-26-2012 at 12:19 PM.

zax
    and sorry, i just cant buy that a godspeed intercooler is worse than stock, ill just look at my logs telling me that my intercooler is giving me less than 10 degrees above ambient. IMO people just want to think that godspeed is bad because its $200 cheaper than their brand name.
    Whatever. You're the expert.

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.