Noob '11 WRX owner in SoCAL - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Noob '11 WRX owner in SoCAL within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Haha just doggin you drox, good luck and let us know!...

Haha just doggin you drox, good luck and let us know!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A friend of mine just drove it and told me I'm running 15-16psi boost. He also said it's running lean under hard acceleration. Looks like I can't floor it until I get tuned...

sounds about right, with the mods you have in there I could easily see you hitting 20-25 psi with a proper tune. I am running close to 20 psi on an etune just full exhaust and a bov...

Wow 20psi? These motors can handle that much boost?
    Under hard acceleration the air fuel ratio reads 11-12, and under regular driving it reads 14-15. He told me that if it runs lean too much the internals could melt?

Whats an etune?

Is there a tune setup where I could switch from, lets say race mode to drive mode and vice versa? Because I dont want to drive 50+ miles each time I want to tune it differently..

Also, does anyone know how I can take a look at the injectors? I'll try to take some pics of some of the parts I don't really know what it's for and maybe some of the members can tell me what it is..

So it has a wideband O2 gauge on it?

If you are running lean, yes, you could melt pistons. AFRs, if it is in fact a true Wideband, actually look ok (you want to be in the mid to upper 11s when WOT. When cruising, 14s are good.

E-Tune is an email tune. Work with a tuner, they send you revisions via email and you load them on your car using ECU Flash and a Tactrix cable. Run some logs, send the tune back so the tuner can fine tune any issues he sees in the logs.

No need to "switch" tunes from race mode to drive mode. It's called using your right foot
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

lol well put mikie.

Thanks Mickie. Dunno what a wide band gauge is.. It's an AEM afr gauge..
    Didn't know that email tuning was available. That's awesome. Gotta look into that.

I Support ClubWRX
    i've heard that the AEM afr gauge was inaccurate sometimes and i was recommended Innovate for about the same price. can anyone confirm?
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.