+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, my name is Andrew. I have recently bought a 08 wrx and I'm looking for new friends with ...

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew. I have recently bought a 08 wrx and I'm looking for new friends with my same car interests and people with other ideas for upgrades instead of just mine. Ive done some minor mods so far. I've added a K&N CAI, Grimmspeed EBCS, Perrin lightweight crank pulley, Cobb accessport with Accesstuner race custom map. I believe I'm around 250 maybe more whp my goal is 300 and up. My boost target is 17psi right now and I'm hitting it so smoothly and the drive drives awesome. I will also be upgrading full brakes and suspension. I'm looking forward to meeting people and hearing about and seeing what other people at running. I live in Milford CT may even be able to meet some locals that I can meet up with. I'm a good mechanic and I am willing to do certain side work for cheap. Not advertising just putting it out there to offer help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Who did the tune?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I bought the original map from Eric minehart at torquedperformance.com. Then I put it into my access runner race and tweeked the boost targets and wgdc for my 3 port EBCS.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews187
    I bought the original map from Eric minehart at torquedperformance.com. Then I put it into my access runner race and tweeked the boost targets and wgdc for my 3 port EBCS.
    Do a log of the following:
    RPM
    Boost
    Throttle

We can do road dyno with that, if you're curious how you'd stack up. Upload it to Google Docs (make it public).

UNYSOC

I will do I just go to google.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews187
    I will do I just go to google.com
    Redirecting...

UNYSOC

whats your email its not working with google I have two logs one is a dyno run with cobb acceessport but I dont think its 100% accurate then a full data log with all the other logs boost target throttle poss. ect.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! If you don't have a turbo-back exhaust, it's doubtful you're even close to 250whp. Stock STis sit at 230-240whp on most dynos.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Yeah I know. I did the dyno test on cobb accessport it read 300hp I was like, NO WAY. So I talked to a guy out in CO who tunes these cars and he told me about this vertual dyno to load my datalog inputs into. and it read 225whp. But right now I am only sitting on a stage 1 tune. when I get my exhaust I will tune for stage 2. When all my mods are done there is a great map for stage 3.52 at torquedperformance.com that I heard a lot of good things about. I have my AT race and I am into tuning my self but this will give me like a starting point. I took the stage 1 i have and tweeked that to my liking as well. The car rides nice and is fast just not as fast as I want.

zax
    Make sure to do your suspension and brakes first... that's where the 2008 needs the most help.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    You have an EBCS, but haven't done a downpipe?

UNYSOC

Yeah down pipe is next thats why I am only running 17psi boost I dont push the car yet. I am waiting for my exhaust before I push it. but when I do my data logs car runs smoothe and good. But I have been a mechanic my whole life and know how pushing a car that is not set up for it can destroy it. I baby it right now. I need to get a million dollars so I can do all I want with this car.

I have the brakes up to ceramic pads and vented rotors for now. car stops great no noise. I get most of my parts from gotboostinc.com dave there is great and ships fast. He is very helpful also. The suspension and exhaust is next on my list I just need to save the $$$$. It sucks. This is my first WRX and I am still learning all I can. I read the the high performance subaru builders guide this weekend and learned a lot. Got the book from fastwrx.com. I also have been doing so much research on line and I decided to join clubwrx cause it seemed to have a lot of people that knew a lot on this site. and I welcome all opinions and help and knowledge that people have. I wanted the 09 wrx but could not find one and found the 08. it will cost me some extra money in the long run but I do all the work myself and I get more satisfaction from that.

my plan for suspension is the perrin sport combo (hard) and lowering springs but the more I think about it do I really need springs? If I beef up sway bars back and front, then cahange end links, strut bar in the front then I should be good untill I can afford coil overs. But I may do springs just to lower it for now since I am going to do the coil overs later anyways. What do you think?

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews187 View Post
    my plan for suspension is the perrin sport combo (hard) and lowering springs but the more I think about it do I really need springs? If I beef up sway bars back and front, then cahange end links, strut bar in the front then I should be good untill I can afford coil overs. But I may do springs just to lower it for now since I am going to do the coil overs later anyways. What do you think?
    Springs and struts. Skip the coilovers. Why do you want coilovers anyhow?

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.