Future 2013 WRX hatch owner.

This is a discussion on Future 2013 WRX hatch owner. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all! I just got back from my local Subaru dealer and ordered a 2013 premium wrx hatchback. I have ...

Future 2013 WRX hatch owner.

Hi all!
    I just got back from my local Subaru dealer and ordered a 2013 premium wrx hatchback. I have been in love with Subaru's since the bugeyes and watching Colin McCrae ripping it up. I have owned 98 3000gt for about 8 years now and have gotten into camping and mountain biking more, so the 2 seater had to go. I loved the ability to offroad when needed and to be able to take all my equipment and friends comfortably. And haul ass on a whim.

I have a question though. This is my first time purchasing a brand new car. When I talked to my dealer he basically said they cant go below sticker much because its a favorable car thats not very common. I added a rack/bike rack, 110 volt outlet, all weather mats and auto dim mirror. I was quoted at 29,508. Does this sound like a ridiculous price? I asked if they could go closer to invoice, which I researched at 26.6k. I was told when the car arrives and I sign the final paper work hell try to lower it at least a few hundred. I guess I am asking if the price is too high, and what could I do or say to lower it? I live in california, an hour north of LA if that helps any.

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's going to be dependent on the area but that sounds about right. The sales person was correct in that these cars are in high demand with a low supply.

I don't know what the differences are between 2012 and 2013 but I got my '12 premium for about $27.5K on the east coast. Add those options you got and the price is close to what you will be paying. I personally would have gotten the roof rack myself later and installed it as they're probably charging you for labor on that.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. It makes me feel a little easier knowing that I didn't get taken for a ride.

And I can always call and remove items or add more. Ive never seen how the rack goes on, is it pre drilled or something like that? If so, I have found them for way cheap on other sites compared to dealership cost.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Price depends on what trim you ordered. The roof rack does not require any drilling. In can be attached & taken off in a matter of minutes.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 08-16-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Roof rack unnecessary, unless you have a dh bike that doesn't have a QR wheel system.

I'm not 100% sure about 08+ wrx's but my blobeye wagon can fit 2 bikes in the back with the seats folded down. Both wheels off, bikes upside down. And the older wagons have slightly less cubic feet of space if I recall correctly.

Plus with all the bike thefts in lately I wouldn't feel comfortable having my bike on a roof rack. Too many horror stories on SocalTrailRiders.

Sent from a phone

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the input.

To be clear when roof rack is said, is that the fixed bars or the bike rack addition? If its just the bike part, I could get that later easily. If its the roof rack and it's already got pre drilled or slotted fitments, I could and will go take that off the order and buy it after and install myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jilty View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the input.

To be clear when roof rack is said, is that the fixed bars or the bike rack addition? If its just the bike part, I could get that later easily. If its the roof rack and it's already got pre drilled or slotted fitments, I could and will go take that off the order and buy it after and install myself.
    Yeah there are slots that are on every car. You can easily add a rack at any time.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I too just preordered my 2013 black 5-door. Looks like we're right on par for the price.

I just ordered a 2013 dark grey 5 door.. paid $28,100.
    The only accessories i got was the boost gauge, short throw shifter, and fog light kit.
    Last edited by DIABLOdeAGUA; 08-22-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    For an order you should be able to get invoice all day every day. If I were you I would email a couple other dealers near by and see if they'd be willing to sell at invoice for an order.

If you get a yes, you can bring that email to your dealer and say " can you price match this? If not I'm going to dealer x "

Hey! I just purchased a new 2013 Wrx hatchback. Base model. The sticker price they wanted was 27k which I know is incorrect. You honestly have to wheel and deal with them. They want the sell just as bad as you want the car. Good luck!

P.s your gonna love it! This is my Fist car I have owned i was more of a truck guy so going from trucks to this amazing Machine is WONDERFUL! Just don't push it to hard cause you still gotta break her in.