To buy now or later? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on To buy now or later? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mfigge2 Thanks guys. Job is secure and non-grage parking is safe. I'm very very particular about my ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mfigge2 View Post
    Thanks guys. Job is secure and non-grage parking is safe. I'm very very particular about my cars, so yes my biggest concern was it getting dirty or rock chips or anything else
    Is it a government job? Because my old lady thought her job was secure and they turned around and made her resign after we moved to Tampa despite them telling her they would keep her on.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes Ive got an economy car. I know it would be smart to keep that for another 6 months to a year and then buy...but I'm impatient and obsessed. I'll let you guys know what I do, I'm going to look at it tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Is it a government job?
    not a government job. I get your point that nothing is ever certain, but this job is secure

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you did ask for suggestions...

If you have to ask at all, the answer is wait. You don't need the car now. You may never need or want the car later.

If there is ever any doubt then there is no doubt. Hold on to the money instead.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    If there is ever any doubt then there is no doubt. Hold on to the money instead.
    Because you like money more than cars, right?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I've pretty much decided that if they will give me a good deal I might jump on it. It's got 175 miles (so a lot of test drives or a long highway between dealer drive) which is almost enough to deter me from a "new" car. Thanks for the advice guys. Oh and I will need and want the car later, guaranteed.

I spent several months pondering my purchase. In the end I had a firm commitment in my brain with all factors considered, more dollars in my account, and the chance to find a much much better deal than I would have had if I had bought when I first started thinking about it.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Family job
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Buy the car. It's simple as that. Yes job security and the future is important but remember in a flash it could all be over.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Because you like money more than cars, right?
    Yes absolutely, I have given it some thought and am confident that I like money more than cars. I recommend money without hesitation.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Yes absolutely, I have given it some thought and am confident that I like money more than cars. I recommend money without hesitation.
    I hate money with a passion. When I have it, it goes away quickly. When I don't have it, I still love my car because that never goes away. When I do have it though, hookers and blow are plentiful.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mfigge2 View Post
    Hi guys, a 2012 wrx optioned how i want popped up near me yesterday. Should I jump on it or wait? I'm moving and starting a new job in a few weeks (would trailer it out there). My concern: new apartment wont have a garage space until october and there is construction in the area (more likely to get flats and rock chips). If I wait until later, I'll be forced to get a 2013 and I'd prefer a 2012 (new platform/engine reasons). Suggestions?
    Just wait for the 2013. It's going to be exactly the same as the 12'. Once you see people driving around in the newer, faster, sexier 14' you're going to trade in your car for one anyways, so who cares?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Just wait for the 2013. It's going to be exactly the same as the 12'. Once you see people driving around in the newer, faster, sexier 14' you're going to trade in your car for one anyways, so who cares?
    This same concept applies to teh womenz.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

To anyone who cares, the dealer wasn't budging much on price (didnt get near invoice) and I was unwilling to fork over the dough for one with 175 miles plus my situation. Thanks guys for the input, hopefully you will get some pics in 3-4 months of a 2013 in my garage.

Got invoice or below on my 2011 forget but it only had 7miles on it. 175 miles seems like a lot me.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast