New From Northern IL
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New From Northern IL within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys my name is Patrick im from northern IL this thursday im picking up my new to 2005 subaru ...

New From Northern IL

Hey guys my name is Patrick im from northern IL this thursday im picking up my new to 2005 subaru impreza WRX wagon. its a 2.0 turbo 5spd. the car only has 60k on it and im buying it from the original owner. this will be my first subi i have always loved them and i for some reson i have always wanted a wagon.

well here is the car i know its dirty but it has been raining here. the guy im buying it from is sending it to a detal shop so its spotless when i pick it up

took this picture last week when i test drove it

the guy sent me these last night

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey welcome to the club, looks nice tell us how you like it!

subie's are ment too be dirty lol nice tho

Thanks for the welcome guys.. i have plans for the WRX im looking into a catback CAI custom tune and a BOV i want a little more power and a lil more MPG

Welcome and a pre-emptive congrats!

A catback essentially is for noise aesthetics. The more knowledgeable guys can feel free to correct me, but I don't think with the 05's that an intake will do much for you power-wise either. It will, however, let you hear the stock bpv better, which if what you want from a bov is sound, you should go with an intake instead. See here for why.

Again, others feel free to correct me, but with an intake and a catback, you're looking at a stage 1 tune. Depending on price, a custom tune may not be needed.

You may want to look at an up-pipe and a down-pipe (which would put you in stage 2 tune area, and maybe more deserving of a custom tune)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks for the info man as i said this is my first subi im a mustang guy so any and all help would be great

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

thanks man i cant wait to pic this thing up

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.