A sad day to start the week. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on A sad day to start the week. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rudeboi0427 Well I know what you mean by that and I'm not saying I would be losing ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi0427 View Post
    Well I know what you mean by that and I'm not saying I would be losing sleep and crying every night over how I lost my car but just seeing a car you wanted and love to show off be damaged in such a way is kind of a let down. Since I had a car that I loved being totaled before thanks to a drunk driver (wasn't in it) just sucks seeing it go. That's what I mean by it.
    I know what you mean. I just don't care about my car that much. Sure, I've put a lot of money into it, but I wouldn't cry if it wasn't there tomorrow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Great you all were ok, but that sucks. I haven't made my first payment yet and I'm already paranoid about mine getting hit too

I signal like 300 yrds ahead of time. I always leave car lengths between me and cars ahead of me, I want an escape route. And park away from other cars and away from potential shopping carts at walmart.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Great you all were ok, but that sucks. I haven't made my first payment yet and I'm already paranoid about mine getting hit too

I signal like 300 yrds ahead of time. I always leave car lengths between me and cars ahead of me, I want an escape route. And park away from other cars and away from potential shopping carts at walmart.
    I agree with being a heads up driver. I do the same thing. I don't follow people super close and I always try and position myself to be able to get out of a bad situation. Parking far away from others is just delaying the inevitable. Plus you drive a Subaru. Just look at your car funny and your paint will chip.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Parking far away from others is just delaying the inevitable. Plus you drive a Subaru. Just look at your car funny and your paint will chip.
    Yea I know, I dont park crazy far away, more to the side with less traffic parking in and out. I will get burt eventually, but I'll wear sunscreen for as long as I can

This being my first, new to me car, I'm going to take the best possible care of it that I can!

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post

Yea I feel the same way. I always signal and give people room. But even doing everything you can think isn't full proof. The woman who hit me could have easily stopped; as she was sitting at the stop sign as I approached. I tried to anticipate and react, but between complete disbelief and running out of road it just didn't happen. Bad luck and an old lady don't mix. 4800 dollars in damage. Hopefully I get her back soon. I can't stand my Chevy rental. Drive safe out there everyone.

sorry bro, accidents happen, i wished they invented a senior citizen radar

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    if he is a fully capable 85 year old who has passed a driving test recently, have at it hoss
    My mom is 73, and does not hesitate to put the hammer down in a street race. My mom raced motocross in the 70's.

I do agree though, that after a certain age, driver should be tested for reflexes and such.

To OP, I have a '13 hatch the same color on order, and seeing the photos of your car made me feel ill. At least nobody was hurt.

So I finally got my car back. I can't tell you how much a pain in the a** this whole experience was. The shop had my car for well over a month. The total cost for repairs was 5815.45. (thank god I didn't have to pay for that) The repairs are perfect. It looks exactly like when I picked her up from the dealer, but it was a terrible time not having my car. Now its back to breaking her in and enjoying the ride. Already in the last few days have gotten a few waves from other WRX drivers. What a great community.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkflip View Post
    So I finally got my car back. I can't tell you how much a pain in the a** this whole experience was. The shop had my car for well over a month. The total cost for repairs was 5815.45. (thank god I didn't have to pay for that) The repairs are perfect. It looks exactly like when I picked her up from the dealer, but it was a terrible time not having my car. Now its back to breaking her in and enjoying the ride. Already in the last few days have gotten a few waves from other WRX drivers. What a great community.
    My bugeye was hit in nearly the same place (right side, just forward of the front wheel), and the damage was also right around $6k. It was gone for two months, I think, but I was out the country for most of that time. It sucks man, but glad it's back now!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

So for anyone interested.

Right after accident:

The day after I picked it up from repair:

and another:

There was damage to the entire front passenger door, minor damage to the rear passenger door and also minor damage to the door jam area. Just happy to have her back. Now to deal with a diminished value claim

I'm reading this in the office right now and I definitely just let out an audible "ouch!" when I saw that pic. I'm sorry it happened to you. Hope you get your first 1000 on there soon now that you're back.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I guess I will add my Monday story. Preordered my STI 2013 Limited on 8/14. Waited now about 6 weeks. I was told it would be here Oct 8th. It arrived in Baltimore MD on Oct 3rd. All was good, and on time. I was told by my dealership it would be here on time. Its now Tuesday, and they said it may not even come this week.

I had a love for Subaru, that is slowly dying. Its 2012. Get your ETA's right.

Quote Originally Posted by KenBeanNet View Post
    I guess I will add my Monday story. Preordered my STI 2013 Limited on 8/14. Waited now about 6 weeks. I was told it would be here Oct 8th. It arrived in Baltimore MD on Oct 3rd. All was good, and on time. I was told by my dealership it would be here on time. Its now Tuesday, and they said it may not even come this week.

I had a love for Subaru, that is slowly dying. Its 2012. Get your ETA's right.
    Things happen man, its not the end of the world and certainly isn't only limited to Subaru. You purchased a highly sought vehicle that is made in Japan. It's 14,000 miles away when it starts, on top of having to sail across a 7,000 mile ocean. I'm pretty sure FedEx and UPS make mistakes too. I understand the anticipation and you wanting your shiny new toy but I mean hell...that is why it's called an ESTIMATED Time of Arrival.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Sorry, I did not explain my frustration reasoning. Meanly the answers I am getting. "It will probably be here early" was the first statement. "It will be here Monday on time, if it shows up before 5, we can get all the work done." Then it became, "it's on a truck, and will be here shortly." to now Tuesday morning, "We hope to get it here before the end of the week.". Huh?

I even tried calling the HQs, they gave me the same story. "We will call you right back". 5 hour later, no response. I call, "We will call you right back with the status." Nothing. Really?!?!

I work out of my car. I have over 50 computer parts in it at all times. I took everything out to clean it, include my head unit and such for the trade in (GPS + Blue Tooth). There is more behind it then just the shiny new toy.

Ahhh frustration understood. I work in IT as well, and am constantly hearing "it will get done then" (as is quite common in our field) and so on...and it never really happens. That is some BS though...people would be much happier if you were just real with them from the start...if they don't know for certain, then say that. Or give an estimated date RANGE!

So I do agree with you on that
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast