A sad day to start the week. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on A sad day to start the week. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo I'm sorry if this offends anybody but this is why you should be too old to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    I'm sorry if this offends anybody but this is why you should be too old to drive as well as too young to drive.

Or at least be required to take another driving test once you hit a certain age.
    THIS^+100000

You should have to take them every 10 years, and then once you get to a certain age, lets say 65, you take again, and then again at 70 and then after that every 1 or 2 years. Its sucks, but s*** goes fast bad when you're old.

There are plenty of old people I used to watch shuffle into Wawa (like a 7-11 but way better), barely able to pick up their feet. They are still driving from their test in 1918! You think if your kid ran out into the road that they would have the reaction time to stop??? I also know plenty of senile people who still are able to drive as well. Its all bad
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    THIS^+100000

You should have to take them every 10 years, and then once you get to a certain age, lets say 65, you take again, and then again at 70 and then after that every 1 or 2 years. Its sucks, but s*** goes fast bad when you're old.

There are plenty of old people I used to watch shuffle into Wawa (like a 7-11 but way better), barely able to pick up their feet. They are still driving from their test in 1918! You think if your kid ran out into the road that they would have the reaction time to stop??? I also know plenty of senile people who still are able to drive as well. Its all bad
    Couldn't agree more.i think after a certain age you shouldn't even be allowed to drive. That sucks man. At least your okay though.

they drive slow because they think if you hit 55 you will pass out and if you hit 88 you'll go back in time!

Yeah, old people really need to get off the road, most of them are such a hazard. Driving 10 mph under the speed limit, changing lanes without really looking, and then medical stuff that impairs their driving... We had an old lady drive right through the front door of the school I work at, 2 minutes earlier or later and she would've hit over a dozen kids having lunch in the cafeteria. I've also had so many close calls with old people driving and I'm the one who gets all the attention from cops...
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch89 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.i think after a certain age you shouldn't even be allowed to drive. That sucks man. At least your okay though.
    You're just saying that because you're young. What about when you turn 85yrs old and you want to go carve up some mountain roads in your 2072 WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    You're just saying that because you're young. What about when you turn 85yrs old and you want to go carve up some mountain roads in your 2072 WRX?
    if he is a fully capable 85 year old who has passed a driving test recently, have at it hoss
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    The sad reality is if people started paying more attention to their elderly, they( the elderly) wouldn't have to drive by themselves.

For most of the elderly being able to drive is essential,to get to the doctor,to go to the store & do day to day stuff. Just because you are old, doesn't mean you have to stay at home. That being said I am for yearly drivers' license renewals for senior citizens.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Youch! Sorry for the BS you now have to deal with! I love my (wife's?) 2012, it's so much fun to drive! Don't fret though, she'll be back in proper form in no time!

Stink-Eye Member #403
    2012 WRX Hatchback WRB
    2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited Shoreline Blue

Its been a tough day, I just want her back in perfect form. Tomorrow going to pickup a rental and hopefully get an estimate of the time I can expect to wait for the repair. Oh and I totally agree with the old people thing. She definitely should not have been driving. Thanks for the support guys.

So sorry to hear that happened.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

i pooped my pants a little, very sorry to see the damage, feel for you man.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi0427 View Post
    Since yours is exactly like mine, I felt sick thinking that was mine. Sorry man. Hope it gets fixed quickly and pain free.
    I don't understand this mentality...It's just a car guys, people are more important. Your WRX is massed produced, your life is not. It may be a PITA at the time but almost every car can be fixed and replaced. Be thankful the accident wasn't worse.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

If you can honestly say you don't flinch thinking about your car being damaged like that, then more power to ya.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rudeboi0427 View Post
    If you can honestly say you don't flinch thinking about your car being damaged like that, then more power to ya.
    I can...it's only a car. My life > my car. There was a point in time where I would have lost my composure, but now I just don't care. I'd much rather be alive.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Well I know what you mean by that and I'm not saying I would be losing sleep and crying every night over how I lost my car but just seeing a car you wanted and love to show off be damaged in such a way is kind of a let down. Since I had a car that I loved being totaled before thanks to a drunk driver (wasn't in it) just sucks seeing it go. That's what I mean by it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast