New owner, new to the forum! hell yeah!

This is a discussion on New owner, new to the forum! hell yeah! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! just wanted to say im glad to finally be a proud owner of a 2012 5door sti and ...

New owner, new to the forum! hell yeah!

Hey guys! just wanted to say im glad to finally be a proud owner of a 2012 5door sti and new to the community.Looking for any advice on mods that wont void the warranty. The big question is do I have to stay with spt parts or can I branch out....cobb ect? Thanks for any feedback.

Johnny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

Most dealerships know that you're going to buy an Accessport and do basic modifications. Voiding the warranty is all subject to the dealership and what they feel is warranted. If your engine blows (just for example) and you have an accessport, more than likely they won't blame it on it...but all dealerships are independent and they can do whatever they want initially.

Should you worry about it, not at all. Literally 80% of WRX owners have bought one at one point (I'm just making up numbers but it seems like it lol).
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    nice! welcome and congrats! i have a white '12 sti 5 door what color is yours? post some pics!

as mentioned before, mods will no "void" you warranty, but just deny a warranty claim if they can prove that your modification was the source to the problem. if your radio stops working they can't deny you coverage if all you have is an exhaust. but if you have an exhaust and the paint on your rear bumper were to peel for example, they may deny your claim.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i think even if you buy an SPT exhaust you have to have the dealer themselves install it to keep your warranty. if you buy a used one and put it on yourself you may have a problem at the dealer with a related issue.

I personally have a cobb dp with the accessport and have had no problems with 10k miles. not sure what will happen to me though if i do need to use my warranty lol.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    nice! welcome and congrats! i have a white '12 sti 5 door what color is yours? post some pics!

as mentioned before, mods will no "void" you warranty, but just deny a warranty claim if they can prove that your modification was the source to the problem. if your radio stops working they can't deny you coverage if all you have is an exhaust. but if you have an exhaust and the paint on your rear bumper were to peel for example, they may deny your claim.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but i think even if you buy an SPT exhaust you have to have the dealer themselves install it to keep your warranty. if you buy a used one and put it on yourself you may have a problem at the dealer with a related issue.

I personally have a cobb dp with the accessport and have had no problems with 10k miles. not sure what will happen to me though if i do need to use my warranty lol.
    Never heard of anything really bad happening to an exhaust, but yes, you're right. Say if a gasket gets broken or a hanger snaps and the exhaust drops and gets scraped, subaru won't do a thing unless they installed it.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on the purchase.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

FMS

Welcome to the Club. Lots of good people here.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase

well i know from the dealer in my area I wanted to see if they would put the spt boost gauge on my car after a month or so of me having the rex and they said since it was not put on in port that anything they put on after even if it is spt it would not be covered under my warranty that I have now. They could be wrong but that was my experience that I had. Like everybody else, it honestly seems that it is up to the individual dealership to decided what they want to do.

Congrates on the purchase!! you will love it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    Never heard of anything really bad happening to an exhaust, but yes, you're right. Say if a gasket gets broken or a hanger snaps and the exhaust drops and gets scraped, subaru won't do a thing unless they installed it.
    'twas only an example.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ