Possibly going Stage 1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possibly going Stage 1 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my WRX and currently breaking it in. At about 500 miles so far, but there is currently ...

Possibly going Stage 1

I just got my WRX and currently breaking it in. At about 500 miles so far, but there is currently a great deal on the Cobb Access Port and I am wondering if I should jump on it. I don't plan on seriously modding this car as its my daily driver, but I have heard great things about the Stage 1. I do like the ability to flash it back to stock or to change it to something else if down the line I do mod it some more. For now though, I would probably just do an axleback nameless and possibly this stage 1. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IMO I would wait till after the break in period before I would mod. Stage 1 be an improvement of the stock map for sure. It's personal preference some people like stage 1 some people like stage 2. Depends how much power you're looking to make? Yes if you found a great deal on AP might as well get the car tuned with AP it's better in many ways.

dont wait until after the break in. No possiblies about it. Just flash it and sleep better at night knowing you got that garbage stock tune off of it

Curious, where is this great deal? It's not on cobbtuning.com, still 595 there
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

FMS

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    Curious, where is this great deal? It's not on cobbtuning.com, still 595 there
    He may be talking about my promotion at the moment. Currently I am running instant store credit applied to any Cobb Accessport purchase. This is limited till the end of the month.
    Sale of the week & Cobb Accessport blow out!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Go for it now!!! just be leery about your warranty when flashing the ECU! Yes you can flash back to stock but Subaru knows when you do it. Stage one is perfect for power and driving pleasures.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I would wait until after break in. I know when flashing with the tactrix cable I needed to do some 3rd gear pulls and i think thats the whole point of 'break in period'...not flooring your car up til redline. I'm assuming with the AP you would need to do some pulls as well.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Why is it necessary to do some 3rd gear pulls after you flash?

For fun, yes. But also to test?

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    Why is it necessary to do some 3rd gear pulls after you flash?

For fun, yes. But also to test?
    Well, I know if you go the Tactrix/Torqued Performance route, you do some data logs with 3rd gear pulls, send em to TP, and he'll adjust the map to better suit your car.

I don't know if Cobb will do that with their base maps.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

yes, for testing purposes. its kinda like a dyno test on the road. You hook up your laptop with the tactrix cable, open the RomRaider program and it allows you to record various (there are at least 70 or 80 variables) data sets for different properties, including Learned Knock and Fine Knock, boost psi, etc. Of note, the more variables you test for the less accurate due to fewer data points. (Think of it like putting colored sand through a funnel. One color=lots of the same coming through. Two colors=fewer of the two but still a lot. 60 colors=the same color sand may only get through the funnel a couple times)

edit: I dont know if Cobb does map revisions, but I would assume you would do some sort of pull just to make sure the tune is working correctly on your car.
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)

Quote Originally Posted by FMS View Post
    He may be talking about my promotion at the moment. Currently I am running instant store credit applied to any Cobb Accessport purchase. This is limited till the end of the month.
    Sale of the week & Cobb Accessport blow out!
    Yes I am talking about that promotion. You have a great deal on this item. It is tempting me. I definitely was going to wait until after my break in period, but that doesn't mean I can't purchase this now. I do want to keep the car fairly stock and I do have a warranty to think about. Decisions decisions.

Why hasn't anyone suggested buying it now for teh sale price and then waiting until after break-in to flash it?....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by mdkflip View Post
    I just got my WRX and currently breaking it in. At about 500 miles so far, but there is currently a great deal on the Cobb Access Port and I am wondering if I should jump on it. I don't plan on seriously modding this car as its my daily driver, but I have heard great things about the Stage 1. I do like the ability to flash it back to stock or to change it to something else if down the line I do mod it some more. For now though, I would probably just do an axleback nameless and possibly this stage 1. Any thoughts?

I would recommend getting the Cobb Access Port (now if you can get a good deal on it); however I wouldn't flash your ECU until after your break in period.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Why hasn't anyone suggested buying it now for teh sale price and then waiting until after break-in to flash it?....
    i actually did think about that option, and then...SQUIRREL!!!
    Zach

Stink eye Mob #287

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    i actually did think about that option, and then...SQUIRREL!!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast