Just purchased 2012 SWP Five door WRX

This is a discussion on Just purchased 2012 SWP Five door WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up SWP five door basic WRX Saturday. Finding this car has been a journey since last December. Thought I ...

Just purchased 2012 SWP Five door WRX

Picked up SWP five door basic WRX Saturday. Finding this car has been a journey since last December. Thought I would offer a few observations of what I learned along the way. First, I waited to see what cars would come around rather than ordering a car. This might have been a mistake as when orders stopped in April, the dealers began to jack up the prices, some by over $2000 over MSRP. I finally found a car listed at MSRP and after clicking on the dealerís Internet price, purchased the car at over $1100 below MSRP. The dealer told me that they still made a decent profit and I was able to add a few features because of this. I donít know why anyone would pay the outrageous prices some of the dealers are asking. Iím sure when orders on the 2013 start, the prices will come back in line.

I had wrestled for some time with all of the scenarios, WRX vs. STI, four door vs. five, basic vs. premium vs. limited, all of the colors, WRX vs. BRZ vs. something else and on an on. Finally decided that I didnít need all of the hard-core features of an STI (would still love to have one, though) and didnít want to pay an extra ten grand. I didnít find much use for a moon roof, fog lights, leather seats, or navigation package and decided that the basic WRX was the best bang for the buck. The car I purchased came with short throw shifter, dimming mirror and compass, cargo tray and armrest extender. I added satellite radio, all weather mats and rear bumper protector. The dealer was very straightforward and the purchase was as pleasant as I can imagine buying a new car could be. I did have to drive 150 miles to pick up the car. It was a blast driving home.

There were a couple things that I did not expect- just to nit pick a little. Since satellite radio was added on after delivery, the antenna is placed in the upper right corner of the windshield and itís kind of obnoxious up there. Iím not sure if it comes this way when factory installed. Iím still trying to figure out how to use all the features of the sound system and blue tooth. I do know an eight year old who can probably get it all set up for me. The only other unexpected observation is that the doors seem a little light and hollow compared to my previous car, a 2006 Outback. I was expecting something a little more solid.

Overall, it has been great. Subaru does a great job of putting a package together. There may be other cars that are faster, others that handle better, others that are more fuel efficient, others that are more practical, others that have more luxury features, but this car puts it all together and I think the outcome is far greater than the sum of its parts. More later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No pics? :|
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

Congrats and welcome! Most of us agree with the "swiss army knife" analogy of the car.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase, I am happy to see that you found a reputable and reasonable dealer. They seem to be difficult to find. I ordered my '12 5-door after I found a a reputable and reasonable dealer. Some of the dealers in my area were real asshats. One guy told me I couldn't drive one of their WRX's (not even an STI), until the deal was fully consummated, as "the owner has a lot of money wrapped up in these cars". I was flabbergasted and told him that the owner was insane. If a sub-$30K, represents a lot of money for a dealer, then good luck to their longevity.

The WRX is fun to drive and I'm certain, you'll love it. Once the breakin period is over, you'll swear your WRX is a different car. Once you start to get into the boost regularly, you'll find it hard to stop. It will be a different car at the gas pump too. A spirited tank, will get me 18-19 mpg. Ouch, for a car this size and weight. Then again, I obviously did not buy it for the gas mileage, did I?
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Here are some pics.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0003-1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	107325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0004-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	107326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0005-1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	107327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0006-1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	107328

Very nice and congrats! I love the white hatches I too spent a great deal of time weighing my options and debating other cars and all that. The whole time I knew the WRX was what I really wanted and I'm very happy with it.

FMS

Very nice congrats on the purchase. let us know if you need any parts for that beautiful WRX
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Nice, you went with SWP. That is the same color that adds 15HP I hear!

Enjoy the amazing ride!