New car! Need help :(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New car! Need help :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, recently bought a 03 WRX non bug eye shape. I love the thing to death already and can't ...

New car! Need help :(

Hey guys, recently bought a 03 WRX non bug eye shape. I love the thing to death already and can't stop driving! Lol. Anyways the dec and speakers I have in it is driving me bloody bonkers. I don't think the back speakers work and the dec is just **** house lol. First things first I wanna rip my old dec into the new one no problems easy job. But speaker wise how big are the fronts and how big are the back speakers? Can anyone recommend me some speakers?

I have a comp sub and an amp waiting to be installed just for to take it out of my other car lol

Excited to be finally owning a great car that is clean and sexy to drive

Looking forward to hearing for you )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The fronts are 6 1/2" and the rears are 5 1/4". Personally I'm a big fan of Alpine speakers. What's your budget? The type S are under $100 a pair, or you can go for the type R that are just over $200. I've had the type S before and I think the sound quality is amazing especially for only $100 a pair, but you'll definitely need an amp for them and not power them off the head unit.

What kind of amp do you have and how many channels does it support? Is the sub powered?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Hey teflon_jones, thanks for the reply, really appreciate it Now I can go buy some speakers, the poor sound is driving me nuts. Can't wait to rip out the crappy dec and put my JVC deck in

Hrmmm... might have to get my auto elec to hook the speakers up and the rest, really can't be bother. I just finished doing everything is my old car, didnt think I would purchase the car so quick.

But I think I had the soundstreams running from the amp, I think. They were amazing speakers. Really defiened the sound. I have a Kenwood Amp its a KFC something something lol. I havent really looked at it in ages, but its a mono block. Yeah the sub is powered.

Regards,

Hayley

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	107318

my beast

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.