Need help to choose Gauges for wrx stage-1 and possibly 2

This is a discussion on Need help to choose Gauges for wrx stage-1 and possibly 2 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I am running 2012 wrx sedan with AP stage 1. I am on way to doing my coils and ...

Need help to choose Gauges for wrx stage-1 and possibly 2

Hi, I am running 2012 wrx sedan with AP stage 1. I am on way to doing my coils and sway bars and later on downpipe and cat back.
    I need some help to choose few gauges. basically 2(steering mount)+3(A piller)
    I already bought a prosport mechanical boost and wideband o2 af for steering pod but my mechanic told me AF is only used for tunning and useless for a driver. so I did research and found that he might be true and is just useful for observation in driver perspective.

Now my understanding with usefulness of gauges falls in two categories:
    1) just to observe things and if you see some wrong you have to tune it or do some kind of work in garage
    2) observe things and act accordingly during driving (real time)

I choose no 2 gauges to be on steering mounts and No 1 on A piller. I can tell that boost gauge falls in category 2 but Idk what other gauges are in that category that helps me act dynamically. I haven't done much reading on fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges but any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

first, i have heard bad things about prosport. consider returning it and getting a better quality gauge.

personally, i have a afr, boost, oil pressure, and oil temp. I notice i look at my afr and oil temp gauge more than the others.

boost only gets looked at when i'm trying to see if i'm hitting my target.

as for brands, i like the defi for all of them except afr. for that i went aem.

if you need one more, egt or fuel pressure might be nice.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I ran a five gauge setup:
    Boost
    EGT
    WBO2
    Oil Temp
    Oil Pressure
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Boost/vac combo
    EGT
    O2 only if wide band; if not, skip.
    Oil pressure
    Clock

Just my opinion.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

hm.. for now I am gonna run prosport mechanical boost and Oil pressure on my smy cluster.
    thanks guys