Quick quiestion about my wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Quick quiestion about my wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, so i just bought a 05 wrx with 60k, completely stock. I looked all over the internet to see ...

Quick quiestion about my wrx

Okay, so i just bought a 05 wrx with 60k, completely stock. I looked all over the internet to see what the first thing i should do to my car seeing as how im inexperienced with subaru and everything. And i came to the conclusion that i should get the cobb stage 2 power pack which includes the accessport, turbo back exhaust and the downpipe. Now, with that being purchased would i need to buy anything else to make it all come together nicely or would that be it? Because people talk about up pipes all the time and im not sure if i'd still need one after buying the stage 2 kit. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

FMS

If I were you I would start with stage 2 and see how you like it. You will be surprised with how much of a difference it makes.

Congrats on your purchase!
    Last edited by FMS; 07-31-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    The first thing you ought to do is the full listed 60K service, preferring authentic parts. Then look over the car to make sure everything is right and nothing needs repair. Then you could consider a stage 2 mod list but I'd do the up pipe first, and I may consider staying with simply an up pipe and a resistor to fix the CEL.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Okay so if i bought the stage 2 cobb power pack i could do an up pipe too? Or is that not necessarry

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    For an 05, the up pipe should most definitely be replaced

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

If you plan to mod your car and drift away from stock in any shape or form you most definitely need to replace the up pipe. That should be your first priority the 02-05 WRX came with a catted up pipe which if not replaced can be headache inducing. It can either destroy your turbo or even worse your engine in severe cases. Even at stock levels you should get a catless up pipe to prevent this from happening. It's less likely to happen at stock levels but still can. After you do the up pipe you can mod away

Not to mention getting rid of the catted up pipe with be less restrictive and increase spool up thus giving you more boost.

Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Not to mention getting rid of the catted up pipe with be less restrictive and increase spool up thus giving you more boost.
    Will be*

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by frenziedcage View Post
    Not more boost. Your boost targets will be the same.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

As everyone has stated, if I were you I wouldn't modify anything until I got that up pipe swapped out for a catless one. Since you've already bought everything to go stage 2 though, I don't see any harm in going stage 2 and getting that new up pipe at the same time.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.