New '02 wagon looking for advice

This is a discussion on New '02 wagon looking for advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey I just bought a '02 WRX Wagon at the end of Oct. It had just over 107k miles on ...

New '02 wagon looking for advice

Hey I just bought a '02 WRX Wagon at the end of Oct. It had just over 107k miles on it, in good shape and I was able to buy it for about $6700 thinking I got a great deal. Later found out that it had a head gasket issue, which was causing the temp gage to overheat. Anyways, I've fixed it and got new head gaskets and intake gaskets and new clutch as well (didn't replace flywheel yet). Well here's my situation, I just got my first Subaru and even though it's already given me some trouble, I still love it and want to begin to modify it, just don't know what to do first with it. I'm actually a newbie when it comes to vehicle mods and mechanics so I was wondering if any1 would be willing to give me some advice on where to begin. I know this is about to become a long and financial journey but I'm willing to take it. So just hit me up in my inbox with suggestions about what to do first and pls keep in mind that I'm not tryna blow all my money at once. This has to be a step by step process. Thanx.

p.s. - As far as I can tell, again not a car or mechanically minded person (yet), my wrx is all stock aside from the blitz blow off valve under the hood and the thule rack on top of the rails. Check out my album to see the car from the outside. Will take more pics of the exterior, interior, and under the hood, and upload them as soon as I can figure out how to do that on this forum. Btw, does any1 know how I can make one of my pics to be my profile pic?
    Last edited by 1stKaSS; 12-26-2011 at 10:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hi and welcome to the club

I moved your post to a new thread in the new member section. You will get more input here as opposed to hijacking someone's build thread.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

First Modifications - what to do and not to do Read this, the VERY first thing should be to replace the up pipe.