Hello from NY..first WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello from NY..first WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, my name is John...I recently got a 2012 WRX hatch, its my first WRX...had a reg impreza before ...

Hello from NY..first WRX

Hey all, my name is John...I recently got a 2012 WRX hatch, its my first WRX...had a reg impreza before that(regretted not getting the WRX the first time LOL, but was still a great car) Anyway, just looking for some mods to do and get some opinions from everyone...I am confused as far as warranty issues from different mods, especially tuning...I just ordered a Cobb Exhaust today and was looking for an intake but from what I understand a tune will cause warranty claims to be denied. Anyway, just saying whats up to everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A tune COULD cause a warranty claim to be denied, only if they can prove that the increase in power caused the issue...or something along those lines.

It all depends on the dealership where you're getting warranty work done...some dealers are more mod friendly than others.

Welcome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Thanks Mikie, thats what Ive heard...now to just find a mod friendly dealer LOL

Where abouts are you from?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just get something like an Accessport so you can revert backwards if you want to.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Where abouts are you from?

Yeah i was looking at the accesport but have heard they can tell if you used it

I am from Westchester County NY

They can supposedly tell that it's been "flashed" but not necessarily with what unless they were to pull the ECU and send it out...or use Open Source to view the ROM (but whens the last time a dealer used Open Source?).

West Chester isn't too far from NJ, right? I know North Jersey has a few dealers that are ok...one vendor here is a salesman at Ramsey Subaru (rexxx0486), so hit him up with a PM and see what he says. Supposedly Bill Kolb Subaru is ok as well.

funny thing, I bought my car at Bill Kolb LOL I will have to check into it and I heard about the guy at Ramsey, just didnt know his name, but now I know LOL thanks..i am only like 20 min from Ramsey...Westchester County is not far from Jersey at all, depending on what part of Jersey LOL.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome neighbor.

I don't haver many good things to say about Bill Kolb. I have good things to say about Clayton at Ramsey,who helped us get one of our cars.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome neighbor.

I don't haver many good things to say about Bill Kolb. I have good things to say about Clayton at Ramsey,who helped us get one of our cars.

Hello Rage, I actually had some luck with Bill Kolb as far as getting a car, they were pretty good to me as i have bought cars and recommended people in the past..as far as mods, no idea LOL...have you brought your car to Ramsey for service or had any issues?

I see you're from YO, I'm in Greenburgh...anyplace people meet up in the area?
    John

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks all

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.