Another new guy.

This is a discussion on Another new guy. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I've been lurking around the site now for a couple of days. Just bought an '02 Bugeye with 130,000 ...

Another new guy.

Hey, I've been lurking around the site now for a couple of days. Just bought an '02 Bugeye with 130,000 miles. Got it taken apart in the garage waiting for a timing belt, tensioner, idlers, water pump, and thermostat. Looked like the belt had been changed but not much else. Wanted to start with a clean slate. The car is bone stock and appears to be well taken care of. Silver and clean. Gave 6200.00 for it. What do you think? I figure if anyone's gonna mod it, might as well be me. I'm kind of a purist so I may not do much other than fix it up like new. Great site! Good write up on timing belt replacement, and I probably have the air conditioning expansion valve problem too (good write up on that). I know you guys will laugh but I also have a Ford Festiva and have been a member of fordfestiva.com for years. Great bunch of knowledgeable guys. I'm not such a purist with the Festiva, and have done many upgrades. I enjoy messing with cars and look forward to learning about my new toy and making some new friends.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

FMS

Welcome to the club. Congrats on your purchase. Feel free to PM us if you need any parts or advice!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks for the welcome! Had to wait for ordered parts but I got everything today. Installed my new timing belt, all the idlers, the tensioner, the water pump, and the thermostat. Now I'll feel like I can trust the car. Not too bad a job. Easy to get to once the radiator is removed. Next is the old air conditioner expansion valve trick. I'll be replacing the up pipe after that. Couldn't have done it without this site. Thanks a lot for all the info on here!

Welcome to the site! Always nice to have another PSM bugeye owner around
    Protuned VF39'd Bugeye WRX - 262awhp / 257awtq @ 20psi - My Build Thread!