Im thinking of buying a wrx

This is a discussion on Im thinking of buying a wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. Im new here. Im wanting to ask a few queations and see if you good people can help ...

Im thinking of buying a wrx

Hi everyone. Im new here. Im wanting to ask a few queations and see if you good people can help me. I allways liked wrx but never really been into cars so dont know much about them. But I like wrx. Allways wanted one. They look awsome, Have power and also comfortable. I was looking at around a 94 model and all the ones I see for sale seem to have done high milage. Around 200-300km. Also im a bit worried they have all been thrashed. Tryng to find one that has been respected. All the excuses I see resons for sale seem the standard excuse. Moving overseas. Wife said must go. All that. Sometimes I dont go on it. Seem excuses to get rid of a car cause the engines about to blow from all the burnouts they probably been doing. lol.
    What do you think I need to check to be sure I dont get ripped off. I mean. I dont want to buy one and find in a week the turbo is blown or something. Do problems start to come up around the 200-250k mark on these cars?. Also I only been looking at standard cars. Im not interested in buy one allready worked up. Two obvious they been raced and trashed on the streets.

Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    See the how to buy threads in the purchasing forum.

Problems come about much sooner than 250k km. the cars you are considering would not be my choice for an only car. Time flies and it's seldom kind.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yea. Agree with you. Its hilarious. All the ones I been looking at with low miles all have second hand engines. Body has done 200km engine done 29km after I read it.
    I cant afford a new wrx so will just enjoy watching them drive past I think is better option. I dont think I could trust in buying one, not a older model like a 94-96 that im after.Trying to find a standard straight one with low Miles theres just none out there. Not where I live anyhow.
    Last edited by kiwidan; 08-01-2012 at 04:59 AM.