Need advice... 02 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need advice... 02 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been looking for a bit now for a WRX. I have looked at everything from 2012 to 2002. ...

Need advice... 02 wrx

I have been looking for a bit now for a WRX. I have looked at everything from 2012 to 2002. I can afford a new one easily but I don't wanna be tied to a payment although the lifetime powertrain warranty they are offering is hard to turn away from. I keep coming back to a 2002 that is owned by a mechanic at the local Subaru dealer and has been since almost new. It is modded but I have been told by a few people its done right. It has Innovate lc-1 wideband 02 w/ db gauge. Banks exhaust gas temp gauge. Autometer oil pressure gauge. Testes tune v 7.0 - 93 octane. Bluescoobywagon tune v 2.0. Hallman pro rx mbc. Forced performance 68hta @ 22psi. tial 38mm v-band external wastegate. Walboro gss342 fuel pump. Bosch/ injector dynamics 1000cc injectors. snorkus delete. k&n filter. Perrin turbo inlet. Nyfb uppipe. Nyfb ported tgv deletes. Nyfb ported exhaust manifolds. Nyfb custom crossover. Dmh electronic cutout. Buschur racing 3 in tbe w/ sti muffler. Throttle body coolant bypass. Exedy clutch. Exedy lightweight flywheel. Also has aftermarket struts and other suspension parts. With everything that is done is it worth the 9k he is asking with 117xxx miles? Dyno sheet says 378hp at the wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's quite a bit of miles for a 02 to be honest. and me personally I wouldn't trust buying a modding wrx. Yeah I will eventually mod mine. But I know how I've treated it after mods. Not saying people with stock WRX don't abuse them. It's just less likely. You could probably find one cheaper too. 9k is not to high and not to low.

my 02 bugeye only has 92k miles

Around here you have to drive a decent distance to get anywhere so it adds up fast. I have an 09 mazda6 that I bought brand new and it has almost 80k already

If mileage isn't of concern to you. The next thing I would be concerned with is if you really want the headache of buying a modded wrx.

I don't wanna have to do it myself haha. I work way to much to put that much time into it and lack a decent place to do the work. What is the main problem with buying a modded car?

There's not a really a issue buying em. It's just make sure you know what your buying. What I mean by that is make sure all maintenance was done. I don't see a problem buying a modded one if you don't wanna mod it yourself. Just sometimes they can cause headaches especially when people mod em and do a engine swap. This one you're looking at from what I'm seeing sounds pretty legit. It's owned by a guy that works at Subaru, so he's probably taken good care of it

He says he has the documents to show maintainance and upgrades. I had planned on taking 7500.00 cash and if he wont take that then I will move on to something else. I'm not a racer and will use to mostly to drive back and forth to work but I like to know it will pull away from the punk kid in daddies mustang.

Haha, do you know what turbo that 02 has?

Yeah that would be a really good deal $7,500 cash.

Forced performance 68hta @ 22psi.

Nice. Yeah that would be a good deal for $7,500.

I bought my 02 stock so I could mod it the way I want it

When would it become overpriced?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    It's not going to be a reliable daily driver, but it should be fun. Just be prepared for problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast